MSE News: Jetting off this summer? Cut costly mobile roaming bills

Options
If you're heading abroad for your summer holiday soon, protect yourself from racking up £100s in mobile roaming charges now ...
Read the full story:

Jetting off this summer? Cut costly mobile roaming bills
OfficialStamp.gif

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Comments

• Gordon_the_Moron
    Gordon_the_Moron Posts: 1,472 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Get a special add-on to use abroad. Ring up and ask your provider if it has any special add-ons you can use to slash the cost of calls abroad. Some add-ons are free, others require a daily or monthly fee. With EE for instance, you can buy 120 global roaming minutes for £20 before you travel, and with T-Mobile you can buy an Internet Travel Booster while you're on holiday, which will give you 3MB for £25.

Should 3mb be 3gb? If not I don't call that money saving!!! :D :money:
    If you don't like what I say slap me around with a large trout and PM me to tell me why.

If you do like it please hit the thanks button.
  • KTF
    KTF Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Its a shame that some people cant put their phone down when they go on holiday or wait until they find free wifi to use it.

Is it really that urgent to upload a picture of whatever you are doing to facebook or instagram?

I await all the people who go to the world cup complaining how they came back to find a massive bill waiting for them.
  • Former_MSE_Helen
    Options
    Hi Gordon the Moron, thanks for your message. 3MB (not 3GB) is correct, and we have since removed this from the article.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure