Check Your Credit Score for Free guide

Options

Comments

• tomlee80
    Options
    This is really useful, thanks!
  • royalecraig
    Options
    Found this link from Trustpilot, so buyer beware.

Can't post links, so just search trustpilot for experian
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Found this link from Trustpilot, so buyer beware.

Can't post links, so just search trustpilot for experian

You dont buy anything from Experian.

What do the reveiews say?
  • RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,904 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    You dont buy anything from Experian.

What do the reveiews say?
    Apparently some people pay them £14.99 every month.:eek:

The question is what do they get in return?
  • doveman
    doveman Posts: 188 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just tried to sign up for Clearscore but at the end it demanded I send them a copy of my passport and driving licence. I don't hold either due to disability, so I can't access that service. At the bottom of the page they give a link to their FAQ which supposedly explains why they ask for these documents but it goes to this non-functioning page, which is super helpful!
    https://help.clearscore.com/index.php?/ClearScoreOld/Knowledgebase/Article/View/305/0/why-have-i-been-asked-to-send-you-an-identification-document
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Email them and explain
  • doveman
    doveman Posts: 188 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    !!! wrote: »
    Email them and explain

I'll try but their FAQ says "Unfortunately, if you're unable to provide an identification document we won't be able to give you access to your free credit report."

https://help.clearscore.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005328669-Why-have-I-been-asked-to-send-you-an-Identification-Document-
  • RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,904 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 2 November 2018 at 3:15PM
    Options
    doveman wrote: »
    I'll try but their FAQ says "Unfortunately, if you're unable to provide an identification document we won't be able to give you access to your free credit report."

https://help.clearscore.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005328669-Why-have-I-been-asked-to-send-you-an-Identification-Document-
    It is worth contacting them to explain the situation and see if they can find some way around their rules.

I find it hard to believe that someone without either a passport or a driving licence would be denied access to their credit report.

You could always try another free credit report provider.

Equifax credit reports are available from Creditwise from Capital One as well as from Clearscore.

Experian credit reports are available from the MSE Credit Club

TransUnion (formerly Callcredit) credit reports are available from Noddle, Totally Money and GiffGaff.

You can also order your free statutory credit report directly from all of the three credit reporting agencies.

Finally, you can get your reports by signing up to each of the three agencies and from Checkmyfile for their 30 day free introductory offers. Checkmyfile also provide data from Crediva but the Experian data provided by Checkmyfile is limited.
  • dekkard
    dekkard Posts: 229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just tried to sign up to Clearscore.

As part of the process to verify your identity, they state that you've had a mortgage, loan etc (that you've never actually had) to check it's really you signing up for the credit report.

Gave me a heart attack at first as I thought there was a major error on my file or, worse, someone had stolen my identity and applied for credit.

What a ridiculous way to verify someone's identity. Won't be using Clearscore!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Not really no.

It’s to confirm that you know what accounts you have to match your identity.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure