finished iva

Options
hi my iva finished i have had my end papers etc now i rec a letter from grant thornton saying it has come to my attention you are in arrears with your iva...and asks me to look for a miss sold ppi form...in another letter i rec from eic with all my old creditors on saying to sign each one ...letter of engagement...i dont understand this at all my iva was finished and paid up...i had it finalised why are they sending this and do i have to act on it plz many thanks :(

Comments

• longtermplanner
    longtermplanner Posts: 1,442 Forumite
    Options
    Do you have a completion certificate for your IVA?
  • adyj73
    adyj73 Posts: 166 Forumite
    Options
    If you have your completion certificate send a copy to Grant Thornton and tell them to stop pestering you. It's done and dusted through the courts :-)
  • adyj73
    adyj73 Posts: 166 Forumite
    Options
    PS - well done completing. It's a great feeling :-)
  • althas
    althas Posts: 410 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry, but do not ignore this

There is a lot of stuff on PPI claims at the moment and their inclusion in IVA's, even when they have been complete

If the PPI relates to a loan that was included in your IVA, then it will be classed as an asset of the IVA and will need paying over to your IP, yes even through you have finished

Have a trip over to iva.co.uk forums, as there are many threads on this exact topic. I am not an IP nor work for a firm, so I could not say if there are any legal ramifications of this, so I would really suggest you deal with this correctly, I would hate for someone who has come through this process (2 payments left for me) to find themselves in trouble over something like this

Well done
    There are 10 kinds of people that understand binary
    Those that do
    Those that dont
    :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
  • Max_Maxwell
    Max_Maxwell Posts: 126 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well done on completing. You made it through to the other side and that takes hard work.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure