Barclaycard online "statements"

Options
King_Of_Fools
King_Of_Fools Posts: 1,592 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 30 May 2014 at 10:36AM in Credit cards
I have a question to others about Barclaycard online "statements".

I have paperless billing (as it was a requirement) and was told that I could go online to view and download my current and old monthly statements.

However, I cannot find anything in my online account that I would call a proper statement like you would expect to get on paper. I can see a list of transactions for each month and there is an option to download this as a PDF but the PDF is just a table with the same list; it does not contain all the rest of the information you might expect to find in a statement such as minimum payment, estimated interest, etc. so I cannot find a way to download the full information for keeping accounts.

I pay in full by Direct Debit so I appreciate that I do not need all that information but I was expecting to be able to download an official statement PDF that looks just like a paper statement like every other credit card I have used. Have I missed a link somewhere or does everybody else see the same?

Comments

• DesG
    DesG Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I never looked before as I only ever check the website to see the total amount and dd date.

But I just went and had a look, and I can't see anything either.
  • cheops2006
    cheops2006 Posts: 79 Forumite
    Options
    Its at the bottom left of the main page "Check Your Statements" click the date of the statement and then above the overview is a PDF icon you can click to download a copy.
    -== CREDIT BUILD IN PROCESS 30% COMPLETE ==- :)
    Overdraft - £0 Used/£500 Limit
    Vanquis Card - £1000 Limit
    Aqua Card - £1200 Limit
    Barclaycard Platinum - £2500 Limit

Credit Utilisation 11%/Savings - £1800
  • King_Of_Fools
    edited 30 May 2014 at 11:58AM
    Options
    cheops2006 wrote: »
    Its at the bottom left of the main page "Check Your Statements" click the date of the statement and then above the overview is a PDF icon you can click to download a copy.
    I see that but when I open the downloaded PDF it has less information than the overview!

There is no estimated interest amount and nothing about earned cashback, etc. and is mainly just a table of transactions.
  • RichL74
    RichL74 Posts: 938 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yeah, there is no actual 'full version' of your online statement - I guess their caveat for excluding minimum payment / payment due date / interest etc from it is that you have to navigate past all that information online to get to this statement in the first place.
  • King_Of_Fools
    Options
    RichL74 wrote: »
    Yeah, there is no actual 'full version' of your online statement - I guess their caveat for excluding minimum payment / payment due date / interest etc from it is that you have to navigate past all that information online to get to this statement in the first place.
    Fair enough, I was wondering whether it was just me as every other online credit card statement I have viewed have been a facsimile of a paper statement, often including all the small print on the back.
  • Stuart107
    Stuart107 Posts: 45 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you sign up for eStatements (http://help.barclaycard.co.uk/brochure/statements/e-statements/) then you'll get exact PDF facsimiles of the paper password. They'll also be encrypted as well :)
  • ic
    ic Posts: 3,291 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    As above, get them via email - look just like they would through the post. These are what I keep as my long term record.
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I receive the e statement and when I click on the icon I only get blank pages and not the page to enter my password. I have checked my e statements from a few months ago and work perfectly. I have also tried from other computers and still the same problem. I have sent a complaint through to BC and waiting to here. I was wandering if anyone else had problems viewing the actual statement online.
  • Stuart107
    Stuart107 Posts: 45 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    MABLE wrote: »
    I receive the e statement and when I click on the icon I only get blank pages and not the page to enter my password. I have checked my e statements from a few months ago and work perfectly. I have also tried from other computers and still the same problem. I have sent a complaint through to BC and waiting to here. I was wandering if anyone else had problems viewing the actual statement online.

Which OS? Which PDF reader?

I've had problems on my Mac using the default PDF viewer (Preview)... in my case it says the password is invalid. However no problems reading the same PDF with the same password on a PC using Adobe's PDF reader.
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Stuart107 wrote: »
    Which OS? Which PDF reader?

I've had problems on my Mac using the default PDF viewer (Preview)... in my case it says the password is invalid. However no problems reading the same PDF with the same password on a PC using Adobe's PDF reader.

If I use Chrome I have not problem but it is only when I use Mac Safari the problem is there. I took this up with BC but could not offer an explanation but gave me £10 for the in convenience.

I use Adobes PDF reader.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport