PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Wednesday 28 May 2014

Options
O/S Daily Wednesday 28th May 2014
This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or slow internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” is fine.
WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB

Comments

• nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone

Birthday wishes to those celebrating a birthday, hope you have a great day x

Hugs to those that want/need them.

Now light, very wet underfoot and is still now raining, it started during the night.

DH up and gone to work stupid early.

Dinner last night was sausages, mash, veg and onion gravy – really delicious and enjoyed by us all – especially as it was awful weather here all day yesterday – continuous rain, windy and turned really cold, the forecast is for much the same today but then should start to become warmer and drier again. Remembered to get the meat out to defrost overnight so that’s now in the slow cooker, with veg and gravy – we’ll be having stew and dumplings, mash and veg tonight.

Work yesterday was manic as expected – we just didn’t stop, not sure what today will bring but I’m only working until lunchtime. Once I get home I have the normal chores to do, and some phone calls to make – so will get on with those.

Not getting much done as far as the washing is concerned as I don’t really like using the TD – but unless the weather is much better tomorrow I will definitely need to use it as there’s now so much washing to do get dried and ironed – I’ll be spending most of tomorrow doing that!
    Really looking forward to Friday as best friend is coming over and we’re going out for lunch – we’ve been trying to get together since Christmas as this is the first mutually convenient date we could book! Hoping we can get into a routine of getting together every so often.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,027 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning All
    The alarm woke me this morning - very unusual. That means I feel I have to rush round like a mad thing but I actually have loads of time!
    Got all the washing dried outside yesterday when I got home. DD hoovered round, DS2 and I laid some slabs in front of the shed and pressure washed some of the drive - that job will take months!

DD cooked a roast chicken dinner which was lovely, just what we needed, I had been at a netball festival yesterday with school and only had a small salad for lunch so was quite hungry. Also went for a walk for about an hour for a bit of exercise after dinner. It was a lovely night till the midges came out!

Weather not so good this morning, some washing on the airer and some about to go in.

DS2 said he will cook some sort of sausage and bean casserole tonight - looking forward to not cooking!

Hugs to all, take care. XX
  • busiscoming2
    busiscoming2 Posts: 4,459 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning,

Still damp and drizzly here although the forecast says it is supposed to have stopped and just be cloudy! Was hoping to get some washing on the line :(

Sat here with my coffee in bed, being very lazy. Oh well that's the joy of half term ;)

No real plans for today, I will probably try and see my dad this morning and I need to pop to Dobbies to get some more chicken as the freezer is empty.

Chicken and something for dinner tonight.

Have a good day all.
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all
    NMLC, have fun with your friend, hugs to Molly & Hilly , LW have fun with Ted. Good vibes requested for my MIL if you have any to spare, she's meeting with the consultant tomorrow, they've already told her the tumour is too big to operate on.
    We have DGS today & he's staying overnight, the weather is horrible but I'll take him out somewhere, probably to feed the ducks, then to the big T£sco to choose the lego he wants for his b'day next week. He will potter in the garden with hubby & we will take him out for an early evening meal to a local pub that is always full of children & we have a £10 voucher.
    I need to do more sewing today & he like sitting on the floor pressing the foot pedal to the sewing machine just like my kids used to, let's hope my reactions are still quick enough to stop my fingers getting sewn.
    Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,

Bit grey looking here and quite cold hope it picks up a bit ! Day off today so I shall drop dd at the station for Uni and then home to have a good clean through, I also need to do a couple of washes and get them on the airer.

Not sure about dinner will go and rummage through the freezer I am sure there is something in there.

DD has a presentation at uni today where she as to do a presentation in front of a group of people, she is as cool as a cue, and I am nervous for her !!

Hester positive vibes for your Mil.

Have good days all xx
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Morning :hello:[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Molly and hilstep How are you doing? x[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Jackie I have a small wicker chest of drawers which holds little balls of leftover yarn. I make little owls, robins and mushrooms out of it, lol. Miss tru steals most of them :D I also use it to practice new stitches then I unravel it to practice again – some of it is quite tatty now. I'm using a wooden wine box and a footstool (yarn is balanced on top!) at the moment for my supplies. Maybe I should buy a large lidded basket for the big balls of yarn, so it looks like part of the furniture :think: [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]LameWolf Thanks for the photo, Ted is gorgeous :D[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]My plans went wonky yesterday, I wanted to tidy the shed then do some weeding first thing, but a visitor arrived. A lovely big w[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]eimaraner[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]named Elvis. He's the most gentle thing, unless you get near his wagging tail – I'm surprised my leg isn't covered in bruises :D So I'm still working my way through yesterday's list of jobs, then I'll start on today's :D[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]The blackbirds are stealing my cherries :eek: I unrolled some netting to cover the tree – well, the bottom half, I haven't got enough for the whole tree and I can't reach anyway – but then decided to let them take what they want and hope there's a few left over for me :D[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]No exploding champagne bottles yet. I was nervous about popping the lids but it was OK. I'm just pleased I wasn't showered in the stuff – have had that happen before, what a waste :D I had a taste last night, it was lovely. Not alcoholic enough yet, I'll leave them a bit longer, lol
    [/FONT]
    Bulletproof
  • Julie67
    Julie67 Posts: 2,362 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Good morning all,

I'm up early with DGS as his mum and grandad have already gone to work. Ds3 is still in his pit, probably until lunchtime. Going to nip to the shops shortly, we need milk and a few supplies for tonight, as we have my brother and SIL for tea. I'm going to make a cake for pud and want a few strawberries for decoration. I will be glad when ours in the garden are ready.
    Hope ing for a restful day, I'm tired. I'm hoping to have a bath later, it's the only thing that helps with my tummy ache at this Totm.
    Also need to tidy round and run the vac over.
    Stayed the same last night at SW which is fine, it's a marathon not a sprint.
    Hester, lots of positive vibes for MIL.
    I have visions of you with smoke coming off your fingers as the peddle is pressed really hard:D I'm so jealous wish I could sew.
    Ok going to brave the rain, have a good day. X
    Started Self Managed DMP 10th May 2017.
    Working hard to get rid of our debt.
  • Time_to_face_the_music
    Options
    Good morning everyone :)

Off for more decorating soon but just wanted to pop in and say hello to the lovely supporting folks of the O/S Daily.

Hester - every positive vibe possible for your MIL x

topsyturphy - the same for your stepdad and hope DGS gets his feeding sorted and is home soon x

LW - Ted is so sweet, thank you for sharing, I do love to see your doggy visitors

Oh well, better get a move on, hi ho, hi ho, it's off to paint I go!

Well wishes for all sick people and pets and hugs for anyone who needs them or just wants them. Keep well and safe and have a super day :)
    LBM 10/1/12 ~ DFW Start 6/2/12: £82,344 ~ Now Zero
    :staradmin:starmod::staradmin Debt free 17th April 2015 :staradmin:starmod::staradmin
    Eternal thanks to the DMP & Mutual Support (no.439) and Payment a Day Threads
    Mortgage free 3rd July 2014 - Grateful thanks to the 2013/14 MFW threads
    "Debt is normal. Be weird!" Dave Ramsey
    Proud to have dealt with our debt :)
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,536 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi all,

Thank you for your kind comments x

LameWolf - Ted is gorgous :)

Hester - hugs to you and yours x - also do you use Pinterest? They have some great ideas for 'frozen' dresses

Molly and Hillstep - hope things are okay x

Waves and hugs to anyone i,ve missed :)

This is my 4th week off work, post op, and I can truely say I love being at home, I read with envy all of you that are clever bunnies with your sewing and knitting and crafting, I have a craving for the first time in my life to be a 'Home maker', its always been about work for me.... Weird. Am putting togther a request for part time hours at work, then I can help out with MIL, SIL will be taking on the bulk of her care, but everyone needs some 'me time', and it means that I can do some other bits that I would love to do.

Anyhoo, enough of me waffling on - lamb burgers for dinner, HM colslaw and HM chips, no bun and sweet potato for me - cutting carbs so I don,t look like the staypuft marshmallow man for our big day ;)
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone :j

I don't know why I am using that smilie as I definitely don't feel like jumping around this morning, in fact I feel like a dead slug :). I forgot to take my meds last night and so I didn't sleep very much at all and then just as I was managing to catch 40 winks my DD13 wanted me so she could open her birthday presents and cards. I'm not moaning really, I can't believe that grumpy little baby is now 13 :D, she's having a friend round to stay the night and they want pizza so I will get the dough in the breadmaker soon.

Today is quite busy as I have a hairdresser coming at 12 to give us all a haircut/ trim as appropriate. My youngest has long thick hair which is driving her mad so she wants it all chopped off. I don't blame her but I will miss it. I'm sure I will get used to the new style and it will be loads easier for her to manage.

I also have two friends from church who are coming over later to talk about me becoming a member. I'm really looking forward to seeing them as due to my anxiety I haven't been out much to see people. I shall be bossing the girls round to get the house looking tidy before anyone turns up :rotfl:.

I am cooking chicken for tea today as we ended up having a chinese yesterday which was really nice. So chicken is back on the menu for a couple of days. Easy meal today and then something a bit more interesting tomorrow. I'm thinking spanish chicken from the hairy dieters cookbook as I have most of the ingredients for that already.

Hubby went off to work quite cheerfully. He only has today and tomorrow then he will have a couple of weeks off to recover from the surgery. I am also thinking about people on here with hospital appointments including Hilly and Hester's MIL. Hope everything goes well for you.

That's all my waffling for today, take care xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport