IVA- First Creditors Call

Options
amyjaj
amyjaj Posts: 106 Forumite
9am this morning (Sat) I received my first phone call from Natwest Credit Card. I explained what was happening and they were completely understanding. They put a note on my file so that I don't get bothered by more phone call within the next 30 days. Not to scary with them!

I've received my IVA draft yesterday!

Comments

• UpToMyNeckInIt
    Options
    Yes, I remember at the start of my iva getting similar calls as well.

It seems to be fairly standard policy with most creditors.

Once the iva is in place for a couple of months, the calls dry up altogether.
  • Scoines
    Scoines Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Yes this is normal, it will soon stop as it can take a while for all paperwork to be recorded by each debtor...
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,943 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Yes, once in place, one of the benefits of an IVA is that all calls and letters will cease completely, they are allowed to send you statements, usually every six months, so expect those, but they will not reflect the fact that you are in an IVA.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure