Quote for new drive

Options
Hi,
I am thinking of getting drive replaced. It is 40m2 and is on a steep slant. I have had a quote to replace with tarmac and kerbs for £3600 all in. This seems expensive to me but I don't know anything about it! Views please. We are in Staffordshire. Thanks
Started comping February 2012
Wins so far:
Mascara, dry shampoo, chocolates, Loreal Elvive goody bag.Pot noodle fork , maggi mix, couscous,

Comments

• Procrastinator333
    Options
    The first thing to say is that doing a drive properly isn't cheap. The quotes I was getting in Surrey for ours were about £100 sqm.

But, the key is will they do it properly?

Get 3 quotes. Make them specify depth of excavation, and what sub layers they will put in, and depth of each layer. Compare.
  • steveing64
    steveing64 Posts: 109 Forumite
    Options
    I had ours done last year we paid £5k not sure of area but have ttached a link to a photo of it we had blocks edging all round and some by window and front door it took over a week and half by the time they had dug out and put in sub layers then two layers of tarmac

The company we used are in cheadle staffs can give number and name if required
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4433464/IMG_3058.jpg
    3.6Kwh PV System, Lg Panels , Growatt Inverter South Facing, 23 deg Roof Facing, Stoke on Trent
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure