PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

OS Daily Thread Sunday 11th

Options
This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or slow internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” is fine.
Chin up, Titus out.

Comments

• Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all
    Very grey and overcast here, it was just starting to spit with rain at 6 when I went out to check my washing, I got all the washing in just before the next heavy shower. The washing is still damp so it will go over the maiden to finish drying.
    The fish have been fed, hubby & I have a cuppa. Roast chicken for dinner with HG veg.
    My order of sewing machine needles (100 in assorted sizes plus 20 ball point) arrived so I can finish some alterations I was doing for a work colleague. She gave me the clothes the day before DD went into hospital, so I need to get a wiggle on.
    Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • Time_to_face_the_music
    Options
    Good morning Hester and all who follow :)

Lots of rain and very windy in the night and it's still at it now, so I think the dreaded tumble drier will be in action today.

Want to go and see DD and GDD today, had planned to yesterday but couldn't get hold of DD on phone, which always starts to worry me. Football traffic will probably be very bad so will try and go there early.

Had chicken red Thai curry last night and will be having something with reduced Lidl lamb tonight, possibly Thai again, as we are both addicts.

Last weekend for the 100 free 99p listings per month on ebay so need to get a few things on there. I moan about the loss of this but don't list anyway so I need a good kick up the backside for it!

Moorhen - another voice for you going to get checked out, please visit your doctor this week x

Well wishes for all sick people and pets and hugs for those that need or just want them. Keep well and safe and have a super day :)
    LBM 10/1/12 ~ DFW Start 6/2/12: £82,344 ~ Now Zero
    :staradmin:starmod::staradmin Debt free 17th April 2015 :staradmin:starmod::staradmin
    Eternal thanks to the DMP & Mutual Support (no.439) and Payment a Day Threads
    Mortgage free 3rd July 2014 - Grateful thanks to the 2013/14 MFW threads
    "Debt is normal. Be weird!" Dave Ramsey
    Proud to have dealt with our debt :)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Good Morning chums dry but overcast here this morning.I did a small wash last night in the machine so I may try and get it a blow on the line this morning (my late Mum would be horrified at me hanging washing out on a Sunday :):):))But needs must, when the forecast is doubtful for the next 2 days:):)
    Eldest DD will be down this morning for her 'strangled' eggs and coffee fest.We have this virtually every Sunday morning, as its her 'Mum' time.We sit and natter about what sort of week she's had and how folk at work have driven her nuts :):):) then having unloaded her woes she goes back home rested and relaxed for another week :):):) I should have a notice on my front door
    'All troubles listened to, coffee and breakfast supplied ' :):):)

This afternoon youngest DD will pick me up and I go to her house and there I play with the grandchildren or scrabble with DD and we have dinner around 6 and a jolly time is had by all:):) and thats my Sunday taken care of . A family day which is lovely really.

Eldest DD does a very stressful job so her Sunday mornings are quite important to her.She always texts me when she gets home to say thank you (daft mare I'm her Mum and Mum's are supposed to listen no matter how old the children are ,she's 46 :):):))

Didn't manage to watch all of Eurovision but caught bits of it inbetween other things.Still a soppy contest but Graham Norton is amusing

Right I'm now off to have a shower and hang the wash out for an hour or so before the rain arrives.
    Moorhen I agree with the concensus ,get it checked out, no harm and it will put your mind at rest(and the rest of us :):))
    Cheers chums have a great Sunday whatever you are doing
    JackieO xxx
  • Julie67
    Julie67 Posts: 2,362 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

I survived the party Thankyou. Lots of noise and lots of fun. A good time was had by all. The party boy got a little overwhelmed at one point but was fine afterwards.:D I'm very proud that I didn't succumb to any party food or any birthday cake which I love. I'm determined to continue to eat healthy.
    It's chucking it down here so the family party will be indoors just a leg of lamb, potatoes salad etc for 20 people. Seems a breeze after yesterday. Couple of the guests are bringing food and I have leftover cake from yesterday plus an apple tart for dessert.
    Looking forward to seeing everyone but will be glad when I'm sat with my feet up later.
    Better get a wriggle on, enjoy your Sunday whatever your doing x
    Started Self Managed DMP 10th May 2017.
    Working hard to get rid of our debt.
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,122 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Another 'good morning everyone'.

Bright sunny morning here though rain is promised!

Got a load of towels washed and dried yesterday, friend cut the grass, got some lovely fresh venison into the freezer and shared a couple of gin and tonics with friends. Got the woodburner going properly, apparently I was doing it all wrong and have to admit the proper way was extremely effective. All very toasty!

Today I will be doing very little. Hope everyone is well or getting better.

Happy Sunday.
  • mrsmortenharket
    mrsmortenharket Posts: 2,131 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

Horrible rainy day here today.

Towels in the tumble drier. Sheets in the washing machine.

I'm just having breakfast. Then I will have a shower. I'm having a slow start to the day. Well I need to wait for dd to wake up to keep an eye on ds2 while I have the shower!

I did my ironing last night. I do have housework to do, so I shall potter about doing bits.

Glad the party went well Julie. Have fun today x

Now are you now Jackie?

Ok, not much to say today...interesting aren't i!

Love, hugs & spoons xxx
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,

Did not get on all day yesterday it was a funny day all round, dd had her phone stolen on Friday night, and we put a search on it, turns out in was in a local town at a pin point location we went over there searching but found nothing, she is upset because it had the last photos of my dad on it which had not been downloaded. It was an expensive phone that she had bought herself with her part time job, it makes me so mad that people think they can just take things that don't belong to them :mad:

Anyhoo bedding is in the wm and will be hung out as long as the rain holds off, beef casserole for dinner which I will put in the sc in a while dd will have a quorn one.

Need to have a quick tidy round and later and do an online shop.

Have good days all xx
  • Butterfly_Brain
    Butterfly_Brain Posts: 8,862 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! Post of the Month
    Options
    dry and blowy here today so i have done some washing.

we had to take a faulty kettle back to wilkos today and i ended up spending the money on a couple of rhubarb plants and a lot of reduced cabbage and lettuce plants that were gasping for water, six for 50p
    we came home and i got ds to water them well and put them in the greenhouse and they look a bit perkier now.
    dh has put more compost and top soil in the raised beds ready for the veggies to go in when they are ready. he has also espaliered the pear tree, but it needs a good prune in the autumn, we actually have sixteen pears this year, which is amazing because we lost a lot of blossom in the wind.

dh has prepared the chicken and potatoes so it is just a matter of me switching everything on.
    we are having dinner late because dd is working today so dinner is at 6.30pm. I like us to eat as a family around the table on Sunday.

hugs to molly, lw, jackieo, hilly and anyone else who needs one

bfn x
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • busiscoming2
    busiscoming2 Posts: 4,459 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon all,

Moorhen - Yes, go and get checked out. You know we will all only keep nagging till you do ;)

Not much going on here really. DH and I have not long got back from a very blustery but lovely walk around a huge park not far from here. It's good exercise as its quite hilly.

Lasagne for tea tonight. DH overestimated the amount needed last night so we have it again.

Have a good evening.
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Afternoon all
    Back from visiting DD1 & the babies, DD2 came with us as she's not managed a visit yet. Little Ted is very slow to feed, but getting there, Marla is feeding well, DD is managing well.
    Came home & did roast pots & veg to go with the chicken I cooked earlier, hubby is now watching the GP that I recorded for him.
    Have a good evening everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business