Precisionglas

Options
Anyone able to help please?

Andy Mongan owner of precision glass in Hebburn, Tyne and Wear, has taken cash deposit from me(yes I know I should have used credit/debit card) he is now refusing to answer my calls and has closed down his web site.

I would like to start a small claim against him but I only have the work place address now vacated of course.

Does anyone have an address for this individual if so could they send me a pm . many thanks

Comments

• robatwork
    robatwork Posts: 7,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
  • c240amg
    Options
    Oh - I've I had only read this before ordering from precision glass...

I've just raised a case with CAB/Trading standards

Both numbers on the precisionglass web are either disconnected or aren't being picked up.

This doesn't bode well, since I paid via a bank transfer and not via a credit card. In retrospect this might have been a mistake.

Did you ever manage to get anything from precision glass?
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    It's often a mistake to pay by bank transfer. Ask yourself why a retailer's bank won't give them card facilities.
  • c240amg
    Options
    I've found more details - hope this helps someone...

They used to be based at:
    TEDCO Business Centre, Viking Industrial Park
    Tyne and Wear
    NE32 3DT
    United Kingdom

now it seems they are at:
    Unit 1/2
    Victoria Industrial Estate,
    Hebburn,
    Tyne & Wear
    NE31 1UB

Person I am dealing with is Andy (surname presume Monghan)
    All numbers on the website don't work (disconnected or just rings)
    his mobile is apparently 07436 534258

Seems to own glassandsplashbacks.co.uk and precisionglass websites.
    Any further info, I'll put here.
  • CLD
    CLD Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    I have also been ripped off by this man, he took £480 pounds on an order - this guy, from reading this, is a real con artist. He is still at the current address but has now called the company Galaxy. I have got a judgement against him personally with a CCJ and I am reporting him to Trading Standards, which everyone should do who has been ripped off by Andy. This is theft. Do not deal with Andy Mongon from Precision Glass, Glassandsplashbacks or Galaxy in Tyne and Wear.
  • CLD
    CLD Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    I have been caught to. I have lost £480 - I have got a CCJ against him and Precision Glass now, but he still hasnt paid - is there a reference I can get from you so I to can report him to Trading Standards.
  • gateshead1
    Options
    Anyone else have any experience with these?
  • Good Afternoon, my name is Siara. I have seen your reveiw for Precision Glass and Andy. Andy is no longer with the company, the company has a new owner and i am the office manager. I know your review is from last year, but i am going through everything. Did you ever get your money back from Andy? If you could call the office on 0191 438 4036 i will happily give you his contact details and address. On behalf of the company i would like to apologise to you for what Andy has done. He has ripped off a lot of people and if we can help in anyway, then we would like to. Kind Regards. Siara McGonnell
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good Afternoon, my name is Siara.

You may be trying to be helpful, although you're very late in doing so, but to post on here as a company representative you have to obtain permission from MSE.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/site/forum-faqs?_ga=1.155148792.1706339514.1392649330#companies
  • Goerge
    Options
    Andy Mongan is now trading under the name BespokeGlass LTD.

He owes me £795 for mirrors he has not provided.

He has promised to come and fit the mirrors on five different occasions and has continually made excuses and cancelled all of these appointments.

I am currently taking him to court for a refund.

How did everyone get on with getting there money back?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure