PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

does anyone have the jack monroe romesco sauce recepie

Options
hi i have used a jack Monroe romesco sauce recipe and now just cant find it on the net or her blog does anyone happen to have it please

Comments

• K9sandFelines
    K9sandFelines Posts: 2,583 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    bobsa1 wrote: »
    hi i have used a jack Monroe romesco sauce recipe and now just cant find it on the net or her blog does anyone happen to have it please

Looks like it has been taken down, as i still had the link to that recipe in my inbox; but it now just leads you to a page error 404. Sorry and hope someone can be of more help.
    GC £150 a month for food, toiletries and cleaning Jan £134.58 Feb £137.18 Mar £118.89 April £106.38 May £?
    Forever learning the art of frugality
  • BookWorm
    BookWorm Posts: 2,467 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    If you can post the broken link - it may be possible to find a cached version from it
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If it's gone, it could mean she nicked it ... most of her stuff's not "original", but common stuff others do and she just got noticed.

So she probably had to remove it.
  • hilstep2000
    hilstep2000 Posts: 3,089 Forumite
    Options
    I have her book but it's not in there either, sorry.
    I Believe in saving money!!!:T
    A Bargain is only a bargain if you need it!

• PasturesNew
    Options
    I didn't realise it was "that hard" for others to find it, I found it straight away .... so here it is:
    Romesco sauce, vegan, for pasta, fish chicken, or straight from the jar…

Ingredients: makes 600g, or 750ml. Serves 6 generously. Suitable for freezing in portions, e.g. in an ice cube tray.

2 peppers – red, orange or yellow
    2 fat cloves of garlic
    400g chopped tomatoes
    100ml water
    100g ground almonds
    2 tbsp vinegar – apple cider, white wine, red wine, or balsamic all work well
    2 slices bread – any will do

First, finely dice the red pepper and chop the garlic, and pop into the slow cooker with the oil. Cook together on High for 15 minutes or so, until they start to soften slightly. They don’t need to cook through, just start to soften a little – there’s a world of difference between lightly saut!ed vegetables and boiled ones! You can do this step in a frying pan if you prefer – but it works just as well in the slow cooker to save washing up.

When the pepper and garlic have softened slightly, pour over the chopped tomatoes, almonds and water. Dice the bread (crusts are a personal preference), and add to the pot with the vinegar, and stir well to combine.

Replace the lid and cook on High until bubbling (for my 1.5l slow cooker this takes around 45 minutes, timings will vary for larger cookers).

When the mixture starts to bubble, reduce the heat to Low and stir well to stop the edges burning. Cook for a further 4-6 hours on low (trust me, it’s worth it) until the sauce is thickened and glossy. The colour will range from a mild peach colour if you used yellow peppers, to a deep rich red if you used red ones…

Add a pinch of chilli and a shake of salt to serve.

Serving suggestions: Serve as a pasta sauce, or over white fish with rice, or pour over a baked potato with hard strong cheese sprinkled liberally on top…
  • Willowpop
    Willowpop Posts: 856 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    If it's gone, it could mean she nicked it ... most of her stuff's not "original", but common stuff others do and she just got noticed.

So she probably had to remove it.

Or maybe she is simply going to put in into her next book so took it off her website for a while?
    PAYDBX 2016 #55 100% paid! :j Officially bad debt free...don't count my mortgage.
    Now to start saving...it's a whole new world!!
  • PasturesNew
    Options
    Willowpop wrote: »
    Or maybe she is simply going to put in into her next book so took it off her website for a while?

No idea. I don't do her recipes. Don't like the stuff she makes, don't have those ingredients, don't have that equipment.... give me a Hairy Biker recipe any day :)

I've always said if two blokes can sit by the side of the road and cook something in the rain, I can probably manage it in my kitchen in the dry ..... they don't use fancy pants ideas/ingredients.
  • evie451
    evie451 Posts: 364 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Well each to his own........as I do have bread, vinegar and a can of chopped toms and I own a fancy slow cooker I might give this a go :) it sounds lovely......
    Every Penny's a prisoner :T
  • Willowpop
    Willowpop Posts: 856 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    evie451 wrote: »
    Well each to his own........as I do have bread, vinegar and a can of chopped toms and I own a fancy slow cooker I might give this a go :) it sounds lovely......

Me too. It does sound good. :)
    PAYDBX 2016 #55 100% paid! :j Officially bad debt free...don't count my mortgage.
    Now to start saving...it's a whole new world!!
  • bobsa1
    bobsa1 Posts: 1,947 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you so much it is lovely and I kept getting the broken link. Thanks again
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport