We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Cucumbers help needed please

Options
Witsend_2
Witsend_2 Posts: 634 Forumite
Good evening I would really appreciate any advice on growing cucumbers. I grew a number from seed they grew well then just gave up:confused: I gave my neighbour some and the same thing happened. The seed was fresh as the compost, I have two holding on to life and they appear to be developing fruit however a couple of the leaves are turning yellow.
Thank you in advance :D
Remember every waking moment is a chance to turn it all around.;) Knowledge is the key to respect.:cool:

Comments

• consumermonkey
    Options
    Have you been feeding them?

Not sure if it is the right way to go, but my mother always feeds them with tomato feed at the same time as the toms.
  • Witsend_2
    Options
    Thank you consumermonkey yes I have given them tomato food:confused:
    Remember every waking moment is a chance to turn it all around.;) Knowledge is the key to respect.:cool:

• consumermonkey
    Options
    If you are watering them enough and feeding them, not sure what the problem could be. Are they getting enough or (HA) too much sun?

Are you keeping the stem of the plant dry?

My dad used to do his best to keep the stems dry, he swore (quite a lot, but that's another thread) that cues are prone to rotting in even the slightest amount of water lingered in the stems.
  • Witsend_2
    Options
    Thanks for that tip I think the lack of sun could be a problem as we haven't had any! Fingers crossed as I do have a couple of flowers. thanks for all your help x

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure