We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Passport office ( a black hole )

TMSL
TMSL Posts: 93 Forumite
I have an application in for a childs passport renewal, its with Peterborough office and over the 3 week period quoted. I had a phone call last week and the person left a message saying call the passport office, no reference no number to call back on and no address. I have called back and they say we will get Peterborough office to call you back as you aren't allowed to talk to them!!!, I have requested this 3 times nobody calls back and Im worried I wont get my daughters passport in time for our holiday on the 15th. Can anyone offer any words of wisdom, it seems like a typical government department nobody takes any responsibility and nobody is bothered. Its a black hole
I am a Mortgage Adviser
You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.

Comments

  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    I can only suggest ringing and asking to speak to a supervisor. You'll have to be firm.you also need to put this issue in an email to them so they can't turn around and say it was your fault for not ringing them.
  • TMSL
    TMSL Posts: 93 Forumite
    many thanks, I hate complaining but sounds like the only way forward
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.