I listed an item for the UK and got a bid from overseas - ?

Options
I listed an item and the only postage options were for UK , I didn't list any overseas postage options , but somehow a bidder from overseas has bid on it and won .

how does that happen ?

Comments

• ballisticbrian
    ballisticbrian Posts: 3,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    It happens quite a lot in certain categories. My wife can't seem to list any shoes without people bidding from Eastern Europe. You have to actively block bidders from countries you don't post to as crazy as it seems. eBay seem pretty happy to let it continue, I expect t hey make more money that way.
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
  • VictorCharlie
    Options
    You can go into your account settings and block bidders from countries you don't post too. Once you've done that you shouldn't have anymore problems.
  • virgil_tracy
    Options
    You can go into your account settings and block bidders from countries you don't post too. Once you've done that you shouldn't have anymore problems.

yeah , I guess I just assumed that because I chose "no international postage" that people wouldn't /couldn't bid from overseas .
  • VictorCharlie
    Options
    Unfortunately not. I had similar troubles until I found the correct settings.
    Now no overseas bidders can ruin my auctions again. They do still message me asking if i'll post to their country, even though I put in the description that I will not post overseas.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure