Co-op energy incorrect tariffs

Options
amime
amime Posts: 6 Forumite
Accidentally posted this in the wrong place

Hi

Thought I should post this.
I changed to co-op energy last year on a single tariff (although I have night and day meters).
They upgraded their systems earlier this year and it seems everyone who fell into the same category as myself had their existing tariffs reset and the original old one applied (this means a higher rated day tariff). Also bear in mind they've already increased their tariff this year.
They aren't however notifying people and will only correct the tariffs of those who contact them.

So if your situation is the same as mine I suggest you have another look at your bill to make sure it's correct.

Comments

• zorber
    zorber Posts: 1,107 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My advice would be to stay away from the coop altogether.

The raised tariffs early this year to slow down the number of new customers applying.

They have just made around 59 people redundant which indicates they could be predicting cash flow issues.

They seem to be more expensive then their competitors so I don't know why people would move to them in the first place.
    "Save the cheerleader - Save the world"
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    amime wrote: »
    Accidentally posted this in the wrong place

Hi

Thought I should post this.
    I changed to co-op energy last year on a single tariff (although I have night and day meters).
    They upgraded their systems earlier this year and it seems everyone who fell into the same category as myself had their existing tariffs reset and the original old one applied (this means a higher rated day tariff). Also bear in mind they've already increased their tariff this year.
    They aren't however notifying people and will only correct the tariffs of those who contact them.

So if your situation is the same as mine I suggest you have another look at your bill to make sure it's correct.

Unbelievable!
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    zorber wrote: »
    My advice would be to stay away from the coop altogether.

Who would you suggest the OP goes to? :huh:

According to this site, which appears to reflect the internet as a whole, there isn't a supplier someone hasn't advised to stay away from.
  • amime
    Options
    Given that most providers have raised their tariffs, I agree, who would you suggest I use!

I did question whether or not they were informing customers and advised them that their lack of honesty would not bode well if it got into the public arena. They were unconcerned to say the least. I would also be concerned about their IT test processes as ensuring customer accounts retain the correct tariff is a fundamental requirement.
  • amime
    Options
    Update
    After the incorrect tariff was applied and they amended it. It was incorrectly applied again.
    I suggested they contact the developers and raise this as a serious defect and got the response 'I only work in the call centre, it's not my job'.
    So, I think I probably will change providers because this is really poor.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure