Slideshow/banner on website - where do I get the pictures from?

Options
carrot-cake_2
carrot-cake_2 Posts: 99 Forumite
edited 6 June 2014 at 10:53AM in Small biz MoneySaving
A post deleted

Comments

• DKLS
    DKLS Posts: 13,459 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    A number of methods:

Some will use stock photography from places like stock or Getty Images
    Some will do their own photo shoots to create their own assets
    Some will take stock photos and shot images and use photo editing software to produce banners and other artwork for websites.
    Some will hire a freelance Graphic design to knock up some banners based on your brief.

If you fairly savvy with software you can use this http://pixlr.com which is free and is essentially an older version of photoshop, to create your own.
  • paddyrg
    paddyrg Posts: 13,543 Forumite
    Options
    Can you take your own reasonable quality photos of the goods? It'll save any licencing issues costs and frankly I like it when companies use their own photos as it shows a certain honesty regarding the products and that they're not just stolen from another site and drop shipped.
  • InsideInsurance
    InsideInsurance Posts: 22,460 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    paddyrg wrote: »
    Can you take your own reasonable quality photos of the goods? It'll save any licencing issues costs and frankly I like it when companies use their own photos as it shows a certain honesty regarding the products and that they're not just stolen from another site and drop shipped.

Taking your own photos doesnt necessarily avoid licensing issues if you are photographing other companies logos/ products.

Most manufacturers/ distributors wont have a problem with their retailers photographing their products for advertising purposes but some actually do as they are very strict about ensuring their products are well reflected
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure