Where can I find Kirby vacuum model history please?

Options
Hi there

I have a really old Kirby heritage thats great but on its last legs. The new ones are so expensive that i've decided to buy a second hand one but I would like to find out a bit more about the older models and from what year they are from.

For instance, my heritage 2 was purchased around 20 years ago. Then there were the legends or something. Now I believe its generation 6. So how do I found out about the older models?

I've had a google but nothing really coming up.

Many thanks

Comments

• Skint_Catt
    Skint_Catt Posts: 11,548 Forumite
    Options
    http://www.kirby.com/Portals/UK/index2.html

http://www.kirby-owners-club.com/

Try writing/emailing them?

C xx

See this on the left for the release date of other models. http://www.kirbyownersclub.com/uk-kirby-bags-parts/her2.html
  • Angelina-M
    Angelina-M Posts: 1,541 Forumite
    Options
    Hiya, thank you I looked at the website but there's no history details. I'm not emailing them. Last time I asked a question I ended up buying the blumming vacuum!!

I've looked on ebay and it seems the sentria is the latest model but they are very expensive and I would be scared it wouldnt be the real thing as kirby have put a warning on ebay!

It seems that the generation models are the ones to go for but even then some of these are over ten years old so I dont know what to do.:confused:
  • Angelina-M
    Options
    Thank for that.

I've just found out the new models have a floor polisher, looks like im going to have to save up and get one of those!

I read a review somewhere and a guy said that he rang kirby directly and told them he didnt want a demo or anything, he just wanted the hoover. After negotiation he got about £900 off it which I guess would be the sales persons cut.

The brand new ones are around £800 on ebay. But are approx £2200 from the salesmen!
  • carol9uk
    carol9uk Posts: 917 Forumite
    Options
    hi i have got at G4 and its good, i have seen them for sale in loot as well.
  • Angelina-M
    Options
    I never thought of private sales like loot. I always go straight to ebay! May be worth a look so thanks for that. I'm glad you like your g4. I'm tempted to look at the diamond one as it has variable suction.

I read on an american website that the new model isnt as good because in an attempt to make it lighter they have changed some metal parts for plastic.
  • Angelina-M
    Options
    Well i've got one! Picked up a G7 model on ebay so im excited about its arrival (how sad)

Anyway it hasnt got a manual or dvd so if anyone spots any online manuals or dvd's please post for me to gen up on. I've been checking out google but its always places to buy the manuals from and i'd rather find a free site if possible :T
  • I would try emailing the owners of this site http://www.thevacuumheadquarters.com/ They have helped me with Kirby questions before. Or I would try wikipedia, they should have all the models.
  • Angelina-M
    Options
    Thanks for that. I'm all sorted now, they are pretty easy to suss out once you find out what all the pieces are for!
  • Ticklemouse
    Options
    For anyone else who is interested, I was told by my local Kirby service centre that most (if not all) Sentrias on ebay are stolen. If you get the serial number off the seller, you can contact Kirby and they can tell you - if you ever have any problems and get a Kirby service bod out - then you will lose your Kirby.

Also - if you want a Sentria, buy it off the service engineer not the salesman as they are not on a %age, but a fixed fee plus bonus points. I got the sales spiel about how they were £2400 blah blah. Bought one for under £1k and it's fantastic. Still have a G5 I bought 3rd hand off a friend too.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure