28 replies 4.2K views

Replies

• Nodding_DonkeyNodding_Donkey Forumite
    2.7K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Uxb wrote: »
    Because they lie...

This, they told me that mobile broadband was ALWAYS faster than broadband on a landline.
  • VisionManVisionMan Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    JJ_Egan wrote: »
    Script kiddies not customer support in the main .

Yes.

(ten characters required)
  • theEndtheEnd Forumite
    851 Posts
    glenn13 wrote: »
    BT, IMO are the worst company I have ever dealt with. They lie, they don't listen, they're not interested in solving any disputes or problems. I ditched them last year and will never go back to this appalling set-up of Muppets. I even joined I Hate BT on Facebook....you'll be amazed how many people have issues unresolved.

^ this.

(ten characters required)
  • daz378daz378 Forumite
    836 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    im on one of the regular packages, standard off peak variety, my monthly payments have gone from 17 a month to 32 , when i rang to complain ....all automated couldnt get through to a person.....so yes i was shouting at the automated press one to ...p,,,,s o...f, wait while its time to renew!
  • Steve059Steve059 Forumite
    2.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bantex wrote: »
    <snip> Service costs money and most COMPANIES are not prepared to pay for it.

Fixed that for you. :)
    If you fold it in half, will an Audi A4 fit in a Citroen C5? :)
  • -Cynic--Cynic- Forumite
    2 Posts
    usernamebt wrote: »
    Why are BT Customers so rude and ignorant to BT call centre workers??

I wasn't .. however

I have called and been lied to in January, February and March. The poor person I spoke to in March (over an hour) even called me back but could neither resolve the issue or send me any confirmation of the conversation.

On attempting to leave I received a letter telling me that the only people who could help me had a special number ... calling that resulted in massive disinterest and a quick transfer to billing when I confirmed that I really did want to leave.

I have used the text chat system in March and April (lied to in writing). I now have a final credit note from BT ... and it is wrong (in their favour and the narrative on the credits is less than helpful).

From experience I don't think an escalation path exists from the call centres to staff that can actually solve some issues. Can anyone check this?

Also does anyone know of someone that can check BT bills and what the fees are ... after 100 days I think court is the only sane option. Its slow but at least there will be an end date and I don't see why I should spend hours on excel when it is BT's error.

Has anyone tried getting their MP involved? Any vulnerable person would take the small credit BT offered and go away.

The whole
    "It will be corrected on next months bill"
    "Oops, sorry it went wrong it will be correct on next months bill"
    "Definitely fixed, but sorry you have to wait for the next bill for it to show and there is no way to run it early"
    appears to be a deliberate stalling tactic.
    1.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Bantex wrote: »
    Not as simple as that when most customers buy on price. Service costs money and most PEOPLE are not prepared to pay for it.
    Steve059 wrote: »
    Fixed that for you. :)

Fixed that for you. :) But I know what your talking about. Give 'em minimum training reading from a script and then just throw them onto the phones.

Might as well throw them to the wolves.
  • edited 30 April 2014 at 9:20PM
    CornucopiaCornucopia Forumite
    15.7K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 30 April 2014 at 9:20PM
    As far as the costly calls are concerned, for most big companies, the solution is in our hands...

http://www.saynoto0870.com/

Of all the big companies I've dealt with, the only one that seems to go out of their way to defeat this is Sky.

BT Customer Services is 0800 800 150 and Faults is 0800 800 151

If you don't get free/bundled 0800 calls from your mobile, you can convert them to local calls using a portal like: 03335550800

The only thing that really winds me up is overseas call centres. On my last call to Talktalk, the Call Centre op in India had the nerve to complain that they could not understand me... :(
    ex Board Guide

1.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Cornucopia wrote: »
    As far as the costly calls are concerned, for most big companies, the solution is in our hands...

http://www.saynoto0870.com/

Of all the big companies I've dealt with, the only one that seems to go out of their way to defeat this is Sky.

Not any more they don't. They have become complacent and arrogant with their dominant market position over the years.
    Cornucopia wrote: »
    BT Customer Services is 0800 800 150 and Faults is 0800 800 151

If you don't get free/bundled 0800 calls from your mobile, you can convert them to local calls using a portal like: 03335550800

The only thing that really winds me up is overseas call centres. On my last call to Talktalk, the Call Centre op in India had the nerve to complain that they could not understand me... :(

Agreed, but I thought they were based in South Africa.
  • warehousewarehouse Forumite
    3.4K Posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because BT employees appear to be monumentally thick, and dealing with thick people is annoying.
    Pants
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Covid pass scam robbed grandfather of £25k

He got his money back after MSE intervened

MSE News

20,000 FREE Ideal Home Show tickets

For London, Fri 11 Mar to Sun 27 Mar

MSE Deals