Quick quid arggghhhhh!!

Options
Really needing some help with this one as seems as i can't get an answer anywhere else :( Applied for a quickquid loan for my mum (big mistake) had already filled my details in on quickquid years before when i considered getting a loan but changed my mind. so they still had all my details. anyway i applied and was accepted waiting all day for the money to go in, never came, checked the website only to realise they had my old bank account details. so went to my bank to see if they could do anything which they couldn't, told me this money would bounce straight back to them as the account was closed and not in arrears, etc, etc. only to go back to quick quid for them to tell me i have to wait 7-10 business days until it bounces back then it will be cancelled as i never received the funds. so 10 business days (16 normal days) later i contact them to see why my account hasnt been updated, for them to tell me these funds have settled into the account number that they had already, went bk to the bank for them to tell me there is no possible way that any funds have been processed into that account as (once again) it is closed. only to go back to quickquid for them to tell me that i will have to pay the whole amount plus interest back on my payday as the funds haven't returned - all i can do is get a closing statement of the account and send it to them as prrof i never received it, which takes 3 wks to come from my bank as the account is closed which will then already be defaulted and have a late fee on it when i never received a thing???? please help!!:mad:

Comments

• Gaz83
    Gaz83 Posts: 4,047 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    How did they get your old bank details?
    "Facism arrives as your friend. It will restore your honour, make you feel proud, protect your house, give you a job, clean up the neighbourhood, remind you of how great you once were, clear out the venal and the corrupt, remove anything you feel is unlike you... [it] doesn't walk in saying, "our programme means militias, mass imprisonments, transportations, war and persecution."
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Gaz83 wrote: »
    How did they get your old bank details?

I presume from when the OP applied previously
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    FionaM1888 wrote: »
    had already filled my details in on quickquid years before when i considered getting a loan but changed my mind. so they still had all my details. anyway i applied and was accepted waiting all day for the money to go in, never came, checked the website only to realise they had my old bank account details.

So, as part of the application did you update your bank details or did they send the money to the only bank account they had on file for you?
  • FionaM1888
    Options
    Caz3121 wrote: »
    So, as part of the application did you update your bank details or did they send the money to the only bank account they had on file for you?

no they didnt ask me to update anything they just sent it to the one they had on file.
  • FireWyrm
    FireWyrm Posts: 6,557 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Then it isnt your problem. They sent the money to the wrong account. You cannot be liable for it - they are.

Send them a letter telling them that you think they have sent money to the wrong account and you will not be held liable for their mistakes. If they did not ask you to verify or in some other way check the destination bank prior to issuing the loan, I dont see how you can be held responsible for them losing their money that they have failed to lend you.
    Debt Free! Long road, but we did it
    Meet my best friend : YNAB (you need a budget)
    My other best friend is a filofax.
    Do or do not, there is no try....Yoda.

[/COLOR]
  • Gaz83
    Gaz83 Posts: 4,047 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    I presume from when the OP applied previously
    Apologies - missed that.
    "Facism arrives as your friend. It will restore your honour, make you feel proud, protect your house, give you a job, clean up the neighbourhood, remind you of how great you once were, clear out the venal and the corrupt, remove anything you feel is unlike you... [it] doesn't walk in saying, "our programme means militias, mass imprisonments, transportations, war and persecution."
  • optimist68
    Options
    FionaM1888 wrote: »
    Really needing some help with this one as seems as i can't get an answer anywhere else :( Applied for a quickquid loan for my mum (big mistake) had already filled my details in on quickquid years before when i considered getting a loan but changed my mind. so they still had all my details. anyway i applied and was accepted waiting all day for the money to go in, never came, checked the website only to realise they had my old bank account details. so went to my bank to see if they could do anything which they couldn't, told me this money would bounce straight back to them as the account was closed and not in arrears, etc, etc. only to go back to quick quid for them to tell me i have to wait 7-10 business days until it bounces back then it will be cancelled as i never received the funds. so 10 business days (16 normal days) later i contact them to see why my account hasnt been updated, for them to tell me these funds have settled into the account number that they had already, went bk to the bank for them to tell me there is no possible way that any funds have been processed into that account as (once again) it is closed. only to go back to quickquid for them to tell me that i will have to pay the whole amount plus interest back on my payday as the funds haven't returned - all i can do is get a closing statement of the account and send it to them as prrof i never received it, which takes 3 wks to come from my bank as the account is closed which will then already be defaulted and have a late fee on it when i never received a thing???? please help!!:mad:

I've had money go into an old account that I'd asked to be closed. It was a refund and the company decided to use a credit card I'd closed. Anyway, I told them not to, but they said they had to. So they knowingly refunded into an account I said was closed. They told me to call the bank and tell them that money would be going into the account that was closed. I did. The bank told me to call back in a week as the funds would still go. Then I could ask for a refund. I must admit that's cutting a long story short as I too was sent in circles.

I advise you to write, email, call and communicate in any other way you can - all of them to both Quick Quid - ask them to freeze the account/payment, etc., while this issue is sorted out, as it's not your fault. It's the system they have. But, I'm not sure why they didn't ask for the bank details to pay into.
    Anyway, also write, email and call the bank that holds your closed account and ask them to refund the money back to the Quick Quid account.
    You need to have things in writing.

I know this sounds odd - it's how I learned what I will mention next. Many accounts are not properly closed, even when you ask them to be. You have to request that they process a 'hard close' of your account and then there can be no more interactions with it in the future. That will avoid this sort of thing happening.
  • redcard
    redcard Posts: 1,563 Forumite
    Options
    FireWyrm wrote: »
    Then it isnt your problem. They sent the money to the wrong account. You cannot be liable for it - they are.

Send them a letter telling them that you think they have sent money to the wrong account and you will not be held liable for their mistakes. If they did not ask you to verify or in some other way check the destination bank prior to issuing the loan, I dont see how you can be held responsible for them losing their money that they have failed to lend you.

At least give advise with some basis in reality.

The OP forgot to update her bank details. They sent the money to the account she told them to send it to.

OP is obviously just saw the £££ signs and couldn't be bothered checking her details were still current.
    Hope over Fear. #VoteYes
  • FireWyrm
    FireWyrm Posts: 6,557 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 27 April 2014 at 10:43AM
    Options
    redcard wrote: »
    At least give advise with some basis in reality.

The OP forgot to update her bank details. They sent the money to the account she told them to send it to.

Still not liable. QQ should have checked and verified the destination details which would have been ludicrously easy if they had followed basic procedure and deposited £1 with a verification code. They destination account is closed and there is no way that the OP can be held responsible for it if they have no access to it. The funds were never in the OPs possession.
    Debt Free! Long road, but we did it
    Meet my best friend : YNAB (you need a budget)
    My other best friend is a filofax.
    Do or do not, there is no try....Yoda.

[/COLOR]
  • Tiddlywinks
    Tiddlywinks Posts: 5,777 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    FireWyrm wrote: »
    Still not liable. QQ should have checked and verified the destination details which would have been ludicrously easy if they had followed basic procedure and deposited £1 with a verification code. They destination account is closed and there is no way that the OP can be held responsible for it if they have no access to it. The funds were never in the OPs possession.

Now, back in the real world...

Where did the OP think the money would be sent? If she hadn't been asked for bank account details as part of the application then what details did she expect them to use?

My guess is that there would have been something asking the applicant to confirm the agreement details... even if there wasn't, she has to take some responsibility for failing to update the records with the new account number.
    :hello:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport