Boiler and installation quote.

Is this a reasonable quote.

Removal of old Worcester 350 combi, installing new Baxi Platinum 40 Kw boiler with 10 years parts and labour. Includes installing new scale protector, power flushing system, supplying and installing remote wireless programmable stat, all other materials and labour.

I was told the job will be done in a day.

£2,190.00 inc. VAT.

Thanks.
In memory of Chris Hyde #867

Comments

• NVRAM
    NVRAM Posts: 298 Forumite
    where are you?

I paid around the same for complete removal of old back boiler system, install of approx 8/10 (cant remember) rads, wireless thermostats and proper TRV's, included all plumbing and materials/labour.

Took 3 days in total
  • I'm also interested in similar if you don't mind me asking here too. I had this quote today from company in Merseyside:

Supply and install Worcester Bosch 30 SI Boiler and flue and mt10 clock
    Supply and install 8 radiators with thermostatic valves
    All to be piped in in copper
    Gas pipe upgrade to boiler 22mm
    Fernox inhibitor
    Decommission old boiler and heating system
    All waste and rubbish removed from site
    Register with gas safe and Worcester Bosch 7 years warranty and labour
    Repair old balance flue (brick up and make good)

£3480.
  • amistupid
    amistupid Posts: 55,997 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
    NVRAM wrote: »
    where are you?

I paid around the same for complete removal of old back boiler system, install of approx 8/10 (cant remember) rads, wireless thermostats and proper TRV's, included all plumbing and materials/labour.

Took 3 days in total

North Lincolnshire. Last year I got other quotes for other boilers from other engineers, they were all in the same range apart from British Gas who wanted over double the average. :)
    In memory of Chris Hyde #867
  • The price you have been quoted [amistupid] seems reasonable after reading many threads here regarding boiler installations. I have recently been quoted £2600 for an installation of new boiler, a power flush, all pipe modifications and insulation and the attendance of a builder to make good the brickwork for the flue exit and installation of condensing pipe into a soakaway. amistupid amihappy I have no idea! My quote also happens to be from BG too which looks ok after reading some other comments regarding BG. I have a Homecare 200 package which I will not now have to pay for a year so I can take £250 off of that quote and I was also informed that the quote stands if any other work or faults become apparent when the work is carried out, they have arranged to do the work 3 days after I agreed and 10 year guarantee on the boiler, they are also supplying me with a smart meter but not sure who benefits the most from this? I have been informed that I should be saving £364 a year as my old boiler does not make the efficiency scale so should have paid for itself in a little over 6 years! amihappy? I am hoping I will be.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure