Marks & Spencer contents insurance

Options
Hi Guy's
Thought you might like to hear this one:
Received my renewal for contents only £270 so naturally thought i'd check out the alternatives,best quote for our needs was surprise surprise M & S but with exactly the same cover as our renewal for £192. !
Spoke to their call centre and explained what i had done they said they were unable to match what was on their website and that we will get different quotes on different days as the market is constantly changing,and that once the renewal notice was issued they were unable to change it !

How does that work ?

Anyway i've told them to cancel my current insurance when it runs out and i will save myself £80 per year and use their website.
Every little counts !!

Comments

• cattie
    cattie Posts: 8,841 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You used to be able to do this with Halifax insurance, but earlier this year they got wise to people cancelling upon renewal quote being received & just going online to take out the same insurance at a lower cost, seeing as it offers a generous discount for online applications.

Now if you're an existing customer it won't allow you to have an online quote & you have to phone them up instead.

There is also now something on their website along the lines of discount not applicable to current customers. :mad:
    The bigger the bargain, the better I feel.

I should mention that there's only one of me, don't confuse me with others of the same name.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure