British Credit Trust PPI Claim

Options
Hi,

I'm going through the process of claiming my PPI back from a car which I purchased with HP from BCT in April 2008 and paid off early in 2011.

BCT have since been bought by another company called Capquest Debt Recovery Ltd.

I'm wondering if Capquest are obliged to honour miss-sold PPI claims when the company was still called BCT? Or am I just wasting time and effort chasing it?

Cheers

Comments

• antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    Options
    British Credit Trust have effectively ceased trading, they will "no longer be offering new financing facilities". Capquest have indeed bought BCT, and will presumably collect on the existing book.

The change of ownership will have no effect on any PPI complaints against BCT, however given the nature of BCT's business, it is likely that any PPI complaint would be against the car dealer that arranged the finance, and not BCT itself.
  • Noddie77
    Options
    Hi, thanks for the quick reply. I can't remember who it was I setup the HP with, I think it may have been Yes Car credit or something similar.

I'm hoping that Capquest will reply with the contact details.
  • Noddie77
    Options
    I remembered the company we arranged the finance through and it was Netcars.com which no longer exists!

Not sure if this is a dead end now?
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,511 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    If they no longer exist you can try the FSCS
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure