We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

How can I find competitions that are 'actual/real' competitions (no price drawings)?

Options
Hi,

I have a question about the "competition" section.

To me it isn't really a competition/contest when you just give all of your data away. I'd call that a lottery/drawing. That's just purely based on luck, while a competition is something where you can really compete and do something to win.

Once I won an original xbox and the competition (by a gaming magazine) asked to create a avatar picture for msn messenger. That's something I can get behind - fun to do and a higher chance of winning.

Never won anything from a random price draw. I'd love to take part in many competitions like that, but I don't see anything like that being posted... or maybe I just don't know how to find it?

Thanks

Comments

• mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,984 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Search for those that have "effort" in the title
  • mumto2boys
    mumto2boys Posts: 7,993 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If you look down the listings you will see some that have (effort) or (photo) beside the title, these are the ones that you have to generally put some effort into by writing/making/taking a picture that sort of thing.
    StayHome * StaySafe * BeKind
  • JessicAhh
    JessicAhh Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Pinterest... Instagram... Photo... Selfie... Effort... Design... Writing... Blogging...
    Those are all good search terms to find the effort-types of competitions :D (usually photos, writing, or gathering pictures from around the web - if you have a blog, there are quite a few writing ones that pop up from time to time).

Also, if you go and find your own non-effort comps via FB / TW / Pinterest, I find you also get some of that satisfaction you find in the comps that require effort :cool:

There's a popular comping blog, called Super Lucky Di, that has a section dedicated to 'Creative' competitions...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport