7 kids and counting.......the debt!

Options

Comments

• dingaling
    dingaling Posts: 56 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    I think you will find as they get older it is not unreasonable to spend £100.
    Just my thoughts.

I didn't buy for my kids for the first two years by the time I got to number 3! They never knew and their older siblings didn't notice.

My kids also know that there is a budget and normally don't have expensive wish lists. If they want more expensive things they try and save.....and most often spend the money on something completely different and a lot cheaper!
  • notanewuser
    notanewuser Posts: 8,499 Forumite
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    I think you will find as they get older it is not unreasonable to spend £100.
    Just my thoughts.

We don't do Xmas, so I can't imagine I'll ever spend anything of the sort.
    Trying to be a man is a waste of a woman
  • dingaling
    Options
    At 13 maybe. Surely not at 22?!

I'd been living in my own house for 3 years by that age!!

I'm proud of her and I love her. She is completely amazing. I can't ever imagine not treating her as I do the others.

I was pregnant with her at 19 and had her at 20. And she's had to put up with being the eldest of all these siblings through no choice of her own:A:A:A
  • dingaling
    Options
    We don't do Xmas, so I can't imagine I'll ever spend anything of the sort.

Then shouldn't you allow for the people that do do Christmas?

There's no piles of designer clothes/ipads/ipods/bikes etc. Just a few presents under the tree and some magic and whimsy!

Love it:)
  • notanewuser
    Options
    dingaling wrote: »
    Then shouldn't you allow for the people that do do Christmas?

There's no piles of designer clothes/ipads/ipods/bikes etc. Just a few presents under the tree and some magic and whimsy!

Love it:)

I thought you were looking for ways to save money and reduce your debts........?

It was a suggestion. In your head it makes sense. Perhaps if the state ever puts anything (never mind almost half) of the money into my household budget I'll go on a consumerist spending spree once a year too!
  • dingaling
    Options
    I thought you were looking for ways to save money and reduce your debts........?

It was a suggestion. In your head it makes sense. Perhaps if the state ever puts anything (never mind almost half) of the money into my household budget I'll go on a consumerist spending spree once a year too!

I actually find that very offensive. I'm assuming you think I had loads of kids by as many different men to live off benefits?
  • notanewuser
    Options
    dingaling wrote: »
    I actually find that very offensive. I'm assuming you think I had loads of kids by as many different men to live off benefits?

Not at all, nor am I getting at you. You've listed your incomings yourself. Not your policy, obviously, but you must admit you benefit hugely from it. In fact you couldn't survive on your earned salary alone (partly due to all the presents).
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,472 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    This is just getting out of hand.
    Enough.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • ViolaLass
    ViolaLass Posts: 5,764 Forumite
    Options
    ViolaLass wrote: »
    Are you really spending nothing on entertainment?

Still wondering...
  • tiny_courageous
    Options
    ViolaLass wrote: »
    Still wondering...

The OP answered in post number 27.

OP, sounds like you're managing things well. Diaries don't usually turn into bunfights, so please don't get disheartened.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure