Pension Forecast

Options
Does anybody know how long it will take to get a pension forecast. I need one really quickly - if I call them up will I get an instant forecast? I registered online this morning but they issue a code which is sent in the post and that could take 7 days. This is too long. Any suggestions?

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,484 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    What pension are you referring to?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Drp8713
    Drp8713 Posts: 902 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Most big companies have 5-10 working day turnarounds.

If you need it sooner than that, maybe give them a call, be very apologetic and hope the person is feeling nice.

The quickest way to ensure you will have to wait 10 working days at the office I work in, is to demand it sooner than the service standards they have to adhere to. Bullying people doesn't work in this type of situation.

This sort of thing usually annoys me, as someone requests a forecast, waits patiently for 10 working days, then someone else phones up and asks for it now, it feels like queue jumping to me.

I understand some mortgage applications might need a forecast etc but if you are organised you should have got one sooner. the other situation where people are in a hurry is for divorce, a divorce quote is a very different thing in final salary schemes to a forecast so you wont get one of those quickly I doubt.
  • spidercrab
    spidercrab Posts: 76 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for your comments. I need both a state pension forecast and a private company forecast too. I am applying for a remortgage and have to supply the forecasts before the new affordability scheme comes into effect on 26th April.
  • cardboard_chewer
    Options
    If you are referring to state pension forecast then try phoning 0845 3000 168 https://www.gov.uk/future-pension-centre but there won't be anyone there until Tuesday now.
    I used to work on the pension forecast system years ago and applications could be made over the telephone or on paper forms. It may have changed now but give them a ring and they will advise.
  • little_monkey
    Options
    If you are referring to state pension forecast then try phoning 0845 3000 168 https://www.gov.uk/future-pension-centre but there won't be anyone there until Tuesday now.
    I used to work on the pension forecast system years ago and applications could be made over the telephone or on paper forms. It may have changed now but give them a ring and they will advise.

Or try

0191 218 3600

or

0800 731 7898
  • ManAtHome
    ManAtHome Posts: 8,512 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Prbably better off phoning anyway - the State Pension forecast has been up and down like a thing that goes up and down a lot... http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4948139
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure