DIY Wedding Invites

Options
Hi All,

Just wondering if anybody can recommend any websites to buy DIY Wedding invite kits from? Don't fancy paying a company to do these for us as we are both quite art and crafty people so fancy doing these ourselves, and also to save a bit of money.
Anybody got any recommendations that do a large variety of styles??
Many Thanks!
:beer:

Comments

• lauraw82
    lauraw82 Posts: 111 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I made all our wedding stationary a couple of years ago, with the help of my wonderful mum, and we bought all the bits separately from craft shops or eBay.
    Have a good look on google and see what styles you like and do a trial with scraps of paper/card before buying masses of bits.

One word of advice, don't be too adventurous with the design, making a few is easy, making 50+ is a lot harder! Good luck!
  • Gloomendoom
    Gloomendoom Posts: 16,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It depends what you mean by DIY. I designed ours from scratch and just got them printed professionally. It only cost a few pounds for a 100 odd.
  • Seanymph
    Seanymph Posts: 2,877 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We got a pen and ink drawing of the Church where we were going to be married, and photocopied he drawing onto the invites, orders of service and thank you's.

We just bought card, then typed up and printed out inserts and I sewed the inserts in with ribbon which was tied at the fold on the outside.

They looked really awesome, and cost absolutely not a lot!

I also then had the original drawing framed up.
  • Anoneemoose
    Anoneemoose Posts: 2,258 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I did mine using ebay and the handy hippo website.
  • x_missymoo_x
    Options
    Hi jaydith,

We ordered lots of free samples from various stationary sites and we then used them as a basis of what we wanted to do ourselves.

We bought the card and pocketfolds from http://www.pdacardandcraft.co.uk/ They have a great selection in so many colours, they're bound to have what you're looking for. They were really helpful with any queries and will also cut to size exactly to your requirements for a reasonable price. We also bought our envelopes there too. We also bought diamantes from eBay and ribbon from eBay, along with lots of other wedding-related stuff. It's amazing what you can buy on that site for next to nothing!

Feel free to message me for any more info - it's been nearly two years since our wedding and making the invites and stationary is the bit I miss most!!
  • jaydith
    jaydith Posts: 21 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks everyone.
    Sorry I was a bit vague on whatI was after.
    Basically ordered from this site here http://www.pocketfoldinvites.co.uk/diy-pocketfolds--wallets-20-c.asp a batch of 25 blank pocketfold wallets. Then I am going to fill and decorate with the content and theme of our choice.
    Thanks for everyones recommendations.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport