Reclaim Barclays current account charges? Is there any truth to this?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim Bank & Credit Card Charges
1 reply 1.9K views
Red_183Red_183 Forumite
1 Post
Saw this earlier today, just wondering if there's any truth to it?

"Have you ever held a "paid for" current account with Barclays? If so, you could be owed £1000s.
They are usually called "Additions" or "Premier" accounts and they incur regular monthly fees.
Why? Because Barclays were supposed to follow strict rules when selling these accounts and often they didn't. For example:

Check you would be eligible to claim under the "free" travel, mobile phone and breakdown cover.
Explain everything in a clear, fair way and not be misleading.
Tell you everything you needed to know so you could make an INFORMED decision."

From premium recovery ltd.

Replies

• dunstonhdunstonh Forumite
    106.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    If you think Barlcays mis-sold the account package then you complain to them directly and state why you think they mis-sold it. (such as a part of the package you were not eligible for).

You can do this free of charge and direct to Barclays. A claims company does not help you.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals