Atos have said no medical required is this good or bad?

Options
My partner applied for esa and we were awaiting decision and contacted atos and they said they have did report and sent it back to dwp but no medical is required. Our welfare rights worker has told my partner that he has now been given esa and it's just a waiting game for dwp to confirm this however I was under the impression the dwp can still refuse claim, can anyone shed some light?

Comments

• Morglin
    Morglin Posts: 15,920 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Well, if they have sent the paperwork back to DWP, it suggests they didn't need to do a medical exam, as they had enough info.

Normally, as there has been no medical, it would suggest he has been placed in one of the ESA groups, as it used to be the case, and may well still be, that they couldn't find anyone fit for work without a physical examination.

You could always give the DWP a ring and ask if a decision has been made yet.

Lin :)
    You can tell a lot about a woman by her hands..........for instance, if they are placed around your throat, she's probably slightly upset. ;)
  • SailorSam
    SailorSam Posts: 22,754 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have a mate with bipolar and Atos told him he didn't need a medical and could carry on claiming the benefits he was getting.
    Liverpool is one of the wonders of Britain,
    What it may grow to in time, I know not what.

Daniel Defoe: 1725.
  • lilyandlogan
    Options
    Thanks, contacted dwp they said they haven't got the report from atos yet and atos sent on the 10th been told to give it up2 2 weeks and then call back if haven't heard x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure