Jjb Sports

Options
THIS ASTOUNDED ME ......

I bought a mountain bike from jjb sports in lincoln ....it was for my son and it was rubbish , i asked for a refund ......... refused

4 weeks later i asked for it to be repaired .... it had 30+ faults ... jjb fixed one only stating that the warranty didt cover the others

a further 10 faults .... i returned it asked for a refund ... refused , asked for it to be repaired again .... they fixed only one fault another warranty issue , the bike was now 8 weeks old

i left it at the store and said it was going to be repaired or the money refunded.... i left ....

the guy there shouted after me "IM NOT GOING TO REPAIR IT YOU KNOW"

I said you will im phoneing your head office

called jjb wigan (head office) i was calm they were rude .... they put the phone down on me

phoned again the next day ...the manager said "im sick of repeating myself now"

that was it i wrote to their top manager ... he replied "collect the bike or we will destroy it in 21 days" WHAT

i had to return to work ... im in the forces and was required to work away for 4 weeks , i wrote and phoned to ask for more time whilst i sought legal advice ... no reply

i returned to lincoln , contacted the store ... the bike had indeed been destroyed ...it was 14 weeks old and had been used twice ...

i contacted my solicitor and the newspapers ... they did a full page spread on the issue and i sent a copy to each and every director of jjb ... no reply

my solicitor contacted jjb , they said id never contacted them .... BT confirmed i had and the data protection act meant jjb had to supply my solicitor with copy's of my letters , they then realised the game was up and refunded my sons money ....

what were jjb playing at .............. ive sent everyone who was rude to me a copy of the cheque we received .. it says below it the words HA HA

childish i know .... but it makes me happy

please buy your goods elsewhere jjb are expensive and are above themselves

Comments

• nalibz
    nalibz Posts: 2,724 Forumite
    Options
    JJB is a pile of cr*p go to a reputable company. I work for John Lewis and we put the customers first,as it should be. If you are buying an item in future find out exactly what they cover etc. even though im sure you found out a bout the bike yourself.

Nalibz
  • Noozan
    Noozan Posts: 1,058 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    We had a very different experience with JJB, OH's daughter got a bike from there for her birthday and 10 days later, her mum phoned and told us the suspension bit on the bike had a fault.

We took the bike back to JJB and to be honest, I was really embarrassed to take the bike into the shop - although it was only 10 days old, it was completely scuffed, caked in mud and one of the end bits on the handle bar grips was ripped off and the inside of that filled with mud (like she had regularly just chucked the bike on the ground) It looked like the bike was ancient.

Anyway, we explained about the fault on the bike and the guy in the shop didn't even offer to fix it, they gave us a brand new replacement, which was a newer model too.
    I have the mind of a criminal genius. I keep it in the freezer next to Mother....
  • trademark
    trademark Posts: 589 Forumite
    Options
    im suprised noozan ......... jjb in lincoln said their hands were tied by the head office .

do you know when i first rang them i asked for a manager to call me back on his return from lunch ...

the answer .... "we dont do call backs and i dont think hed be interested in this case anyway "

what ??????? ive never dealt with such a poor company ... i really feel that the management at the top have let those below them run things with a free reign and that standards have dropped

that bike was the 12th cycle i had purchased from them ... no problems before all they had to do was offer some sympathy to a 14 year old child

ill never use jjb again .........
  • kazzy
    kazzy Posts: 787 Forumite
    Options
    well done for eventually getting your money back.If goods are faulty your statutory rights are to have a full refund(within reasonable timescale).I will never ever buy anything from this store ever again as on the few times i've been in them they're customer service is utter CR*P.
    You should never have been put in that position in the first place.Well done anyway!!
    I want money..........that's what I want !!:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport