Family Fun mailer - guaranteed to win!?

Options
Had a letter today from "Family Fun Promotions Ltd" PO Box 1169, Axbridge, BS26 2WZ saying:
"Further to a recent selection process, it is with great pleasure that I am able to confirm that you are guaranteed to receive two of the following:

BMW mini, £10,000 Conservatory, 7 Night UK Break for 2, Canon Digital Camera, Home Computer System, £750 in cash, Digital MP3 Player or an LCD TV"

All I have to do is ring up 0906 407 2800 (charged at £1.50 p/minute - call last average of 6minutes and 25seconds). Anyone come across this ?

Fancy the Mini and the Cash.

(Forgot to mention the matter of - Except for the Mini and the cash there is an admin and handling charge of £15.95 per claim form (not per prize !)

Comments

• Marvo434
    Marvo434 Posts: 427 Forumite
    Options
    You will win the 7 night UK break, in February in somewhere awful, room only and you must eat in the hotel restaurant.

Leave it.
    "If a man says something, but there is no woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
  • BFG_2
    BFG_2 Posts: 2,022 Forumite
    Options
    I agree - complete scam.

The camera will be a webcam - worth £3.

The vouchers will be useless - strict time-bars, lots of onerous terms and conditions, and if you live in Bournemouth your break will turn out to be in Aberdeen [and vice versa!!], and they will give you 2 days notice of when you can go.
  • Trollydolly_2
    Options
    Yep i got one too, makes a very handy fire lighter!
  • Melissa22_Mum
    Options
    if you've "won" anything that involves YOU sending THEM money then you've not won anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure