Understanding my statement: PPI or CPP

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim Bank & Credit Card Charges
5 replies 1.3K views
funkydunkfunkydunk Forumite
4 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim Bank & Credit Card Charges
Hi all, new to the forum. Had a look around to see if I can see an answer (have found so many just searching from outside) but cannot, hence the post.

I am struggling to understand what is on my card. I have read that CPP costs approximately £35 per annum but my card statement shows monthly payments for payment protection that vary and total much greater than the £35 per annum I have seen suggested. Is this all covered by the CPP claim or is there a PPI element here also?

Apologies if this is already answered and thanks in advance.

Replies

• maggy50maggy50 Forumite
    783 Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    The varying amounts of PPI will be associated with the balance on your account .

If your balance on your card is fully paid off monthly then PPI would not be shown, once you have a balance that accrues without being paid a percentage of PPI is charged . Someone correct me if I am Wrong but that is my understanding on why there are varying amounts monthly.
    Light travels faster than sound.

This is why some people seem as bright until you hear them.
  • maggy50 wrote: »
    The varying amounts of PPI will be associated with the balance on your account .

If your balance on your card is fully paid off monthly then PPI would not be shown, once you have a balance that accrues without being paid a percentage of PPI is charged . Someone correct me if I am Wrong but that is my understanding on why there are varying amounts monthly.

so this element is not CPP (which i deinitely have due to receiving forms) but PPI?
  • -taff-taff Forumite
    12.7K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you CPP is £35 a year, then yes, any other protection type worded payment that's charged monthly and changes according to your balance is PPI.
  • maggy50maggy50 Forumite
    783 Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    funkydunk wrote: »
    so this element is not CPP (which i deinitely have due to receiving forms) but PPI?

Yes if you have a payment protection element payable on your account it is PPI , did you not know this was on your account ?
    Light travels faster than sound.

This is why some people seem as bright until you hear them.
  • maggy50 wrote: »
    Yes if you have a payment protection element payable on your account it is PPI , did you not know this was on your account ?

assumed it was the CPP, so no. I don't even recall taking it out.

went paperless statements and am trying to access the ones over 6 months but not letting me at the moment. Need to get into the habit of downloading each month.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Card providers to reserve up to £100

When you pay at supermarket fuel pumps

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals