Barclaycard refuse ppi claim

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim Bank & Credit Card Charges
1 reply 1.6K views
JamiemarshallJamiemarshall Forumite
1 Post
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim Bank & Credit Card Charges
Could anyone help please,
I am new to this site but find the information very informative, today I received a letter from barclaycard saying my claim for ppi has been refused, I claimed for a credit card I had over 17 years ago, when I got my job and turned 18 I started getting application forms for credit cards, I decided to go for Barclays as they were well known, I rang them for some information and asked what card should I apply for I was told to apply for both as if I got refused for one I might get the other, then I was asked about insurance not knowing what this was ( I was only 18 ) they said that this would help my application in being accepted! Being only young and wanting the credit cards I agreed, I got accepted on both the credit cards and I went on from there, today they said that my application was done via paper and basically didn't believe me, I believe they mis sold me this as I had a good job was I titled to sick pay and had insurances to cover if anything happened but they didn't ask that, have it got a case or not

Replies

• dunstonhdunstonh Forumite
    106.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    they said that this would help my application in being accepted!

Can you prove that? Whilst it may be correct, it is nearly always impossible to prove that.
    today they said that my application was done via paper and basically didn't believe me

I doubt they said that. I would think they would say they have found no evidence
    that supports that.
    I believe they mis sold me this as I had a good job was I titled to sick pay and had insurances to cover if anything happened but they didn't ask that, have it got a case or not

Did you tell them you had insurance elsewhere? Have you given them proof of the income insurance you had elsewhere (the insurance has to overlap - it cant be life assurance, for example)
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals