We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

O/S Daily Wednesday 9th April 2014

2»

Comments

  • busiscoming2
    busiscoming2 Posts: 4,464 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Morning all,

    Lovely and sunny here, two lots of washing blowing nicely on the line. Been out and dug some more leatherjackets from the 'mud lawn' and just paid some bills online.

    DH and DS2 are working this morning, back at lunchtime as DS2 has a driving lesson. It will be nice to have lunch with DH.

    Enjoy the day all :)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,483 Community Admin
    10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Judi - sounds like a cup of tea is in order, hope the day improves :)

    Not doing too bad so far though 'Youngest' hasn't moved out of his room yet.

    I think ive talked hubby into us going away for a couple of days over Easter. We need some time on our own without the kids, without the dogs as all we are doing is snapping and snarling at eachother. Maybe a couple of days without distractions will do us good.

    Fingers crossed.
    This is a system account and does not represent a real person. To contact the Forum Team email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • Bitsy_Beans
    Bitsy_Beans Posts: 9,640 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Morning everyone.

    Lovely and sunny here. Sadly H's car is in for repair today so I am currently car-less :( it's a PITA because I had planned a trip to Avebury with a picnic but that's now scuppered. Car needs new steering pump so that's gonna cost £300 <sigh>
    I suppose it's good thing we aren't going out because I need to do some baking, lawns need cutting etc but still.....:o

    Need to sort out dinner, not sure what yet.

    Hugs and spoons all round xxx
    I have a gift for enraging people, but if I ever bore you it'll be with a knife :D Louise Brooks
    All will be well in the end. If it's not well, it's not the end.
    Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars
  • Afternoon all,

    Weather is lovely here today.

    Have popped to Mr. T for a couple of bits, then up to see DD1 who is now doing really well mobility wise. Back home cheese and biscuits for lunch and fresh fruit.

    WM on with a load of towels in and then I want to be in the garden. With the weather being so changeable I have to grab the moments when I can.

    Well wishes to Jackie and Molly and hope both are not too uncomfortable and that pain is controlled.

    Just ham salad and jacket potato for tea tonight with tinned pineapple in jelly for dessert, so no cooking as such for me.

    Much love

    Candlelightx
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,240 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Lovely and sunny here. Sadly H's car is in for repair today so I am currently car-less :( it's a PITA because I had planned a trip to Avebury with a picnic but that's now scuppered. Car needs new steering pump so that's gonna cost £300 <sigh>
    I suppose it's good thing we aren't going out because I need to do some baking, lawns need cutting etc but still.....:o
    Why not crack on with the grass cutting, then have a picnic on the beautifully manicured lawn?:o Mr LW and I used to sometimes take our food (salad type of thing) outside to eat, and afterwards play a game of Talisman (sword'n'sorcery themed board game) out on the lawn.:D

    Council workmen were busy cutting the field when I took the Princesses out earlier; the girls came back with their little feet stained green, from the freshly-cut grass.:rotfl: They've also trailed in a large amount of grass clippings, so I guess I'll be doing the Dys0n Tango later. I'll wait til after their afternoon walk, though.;)
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,331 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    Afternoon all,

    Pleasant day here, 12c, overcast but dry, so clothes have gone on the line for the first time in ages.

    Stuffed pork fillet for dinner, with stuffing, turnip and mash, looking forward to it, we seem to have been eating beef for weeks! Hard spag bol last night, have portion in fridge to feed DS2 who will be home tonight....there will be pork leftover if he fancies that, although he said that he may have eaten before he gets here, in which case OH and I will have both portions tomorrow, so an easy day tomorrow.

    DS1 has rung to say that he will not stay for dinner on Sunday, just have a cup of tea and move on, so that lessens my work load again not sure if its to save me effort or that they have gone off my cooking!

    Almost finished second baby cardigan for DD4s friend, just as well as baby girl was born on Sunday. Am planning on trying a "top down" cardigan as I havent yet tried one.

    Back and leg pains continue to ease, more physio tomorrow and I have booked to have my hair cut on way, so it will be an expensive day.

    Hugs to JackieO and Molly, look forward to seeing you back soon

    Maris
    Weight 08 February 86kg
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    Afternoon all
    DD had her procedure at 11:15 this morning, no anesthesia as she's pregnant, she said it was unpleasant & uncomfortable, but at least it's done. So far all they have is a list of things that aren't wrong, but no clue as to what is wrong. Hopefully she will be out later today, I'm waiting to hear.
    I've made a loaf of bread & a dozen muffins, line dried a load of washing & paid the window cleaner, dare I get the sewing machine out I wonder. No doubt someone will phone or drop in if I do.
    Have a good afternoon.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,483 Community Admin
    10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Afternoon all
    DD had her procedure at 11:15 this morning, no anesthesia as she's pregnant, she said it was unpleasant & uncomfortable, but at least it's done.


    Hope she feels better soon Hester.
    This is a system account and does not represent a real person. To contact the Forum Team email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • Molly41
    Molly41 Posts: 4,919 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Still in hospital after a sticky few days nut well supported x
    Will be here longer than anticipated but hopefully back soon xx
    Hugs to Hester dd xx
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. When it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    When the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    Hugs Molly, get well soon
    Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.