MSE News: Santander adds 18 months 0% spending to best-buy cashback credit card

Options

Comments

• mint123
    Options
    vns wrote: »
    Correct.

Though you missed off the annual fee after the first 12months introductory free offer.

Thanks vns.

It was just the 18m 0% offer letter that confused me:
    "if you'd like to take advantage of the interest free offer to spread the cost of your purchases and have a direct debit set up to pay off your balance in full each month, you will need to change your payment."

I was reading that as "if you'd like to take advantage and set up a DD to pay full balance each month . . .". And that made no sense.

I see now. What they mean is ""if you'd like to take advantage but you already have a DD set up to pay full balance each month . . .".

Thanks again
  • Pincher
    Pincher Posts: 6,552 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    DesG wrote: »
    and the first year fee is waived if you have a 123 current account and set up a dd from it to pay off the cc.

I didn't see the set up a DD thing in the Key Facts for getting the 1st year fee refunded. Just you have to open a 123 current account or already have one.

It does make sense to use it as one of the two DDs, though.
    Presumably I can set up a minimum payment DD, as opposed to the full balance.
  • Pincher
    Pincher Posts: 6,552 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Really? I kept £2.5K in each of my 3 accounts and just cycled £1K in and out of each once per month on the same day.

I was using the FlexDirect for paying some Direct Debits.

Must say the 123 account is pretty good for holding some money ready for bills. Just got an invoice from a plumber for about £4,000. He is really bad on producing paperwork. Kept me waiting for months.
  • SammenForLivet2
    Options
    Has anyone switched from an existing 123 card on-to a 18 month interest free 1.2.3 card?

How easy is it?
    Thank you all for helping me make my day by saving money!
  • DesG
    DesG Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Pincher wrote: »
    I didn't see the set up a DD thing in the Key Facts for getting the 1st year fee refunded. Just you have to open a 123 current account or already have one.

It does make sense to use it as one of the two DDs, though.
    Presumably I can set up a minimum payment DD, as opposed to the full balance.

First year fee refund

3. No annual 123 Credit Card fee for the first year. To qualify for this refund you must: (i) open or hold a 123 Current Account; and (ii) open or hold a 123 Credit Card (iii) set up a Direct Debit from the 123 Current Account to pay your 123 Credit Card within 30 days of either opening your 123 Current Account or 123 Credit Card (whichever occurs latest). The annual fee charged for the first year will then be refunded to your 123 Credit Card account within 21 days from the later of (i) activating your card and/or (ii) setting up the Direct Debit from your 123 Current Account. Offer valid until 31/12/2014.
  • farmroad38
    farmroad38 Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    Any existing 123 card holders been offered this yet? I've heard nothing, and wondering if anyone has been emailed the offer or if you do have to contact them.
  • Vortigern
    Vortigern Posts: 3,245 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Has anyone switched from an existing 123 card on-to a 18 month interest free 1.2.3 card?

How easy is it?
    Easy enough. You ring an 0845 number, key some digits, listen to lots of info you don't want, then wait for the last item on the menu to speak to a person. They send a letter to confirm.
    farmroad38 wrote: »
    Any existing 123 card holders been offered this yet? I've heard nothing, and wondering if anyone has been emailed the offer or if you do have to contact them.
    Not yet offered, had to ask for it.
  • farmroad38
    farmroad38 Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    Just called them and despite the first person I spoke to not really having any clue what I was on about, I have now got the deal.
  • SammenForLivet2
    Options
    Thanks, I've now got the deal - and a 'lower' interest rate - but I've paid it in full every month, and don't plan to pay interest so that's OK.
    Thank you all for helping me make my day by saving money!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure