We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Free Equifax statutory credit report until April 6

The_Boss
The_Boss Posts: 5,890
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
Forumite
edited 2 April 2014 at 10:06PM in Debt-free wannabe
Hi all,

This is in the credit file forum but figured it may help people here that may not have seen it.

You can obtain a free Equifax statutory credit report via the below link, saving £2. This works even if you have registered with them previously (I hadn't logged into mine for nearly a year). I viewed my statutory report online and saved as a pdf (opens with Adobe Acrobat) onto my computer - this is good for printing, but the web view was better to go through on screen in my opinion.

Will help people see what is on their credit file though I also recommend getting the Experian £2 statutory report too (remember - don't pay any attention to the pointless 'scores' products they try to sell.

https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en/campaigns/why-your-credit-rating-matters?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=ppc&utm_campaign=Social
«1

Comments

  • I think the link is broken, it takes me to error page.
    :happyhear Single Mummy to 7 beautiful kids, :coffee:Snowballing through life, just one day at a time!
    Dave Ramsey fan- getting Gazelle Intense.
    Debt to Slash [STRIKE]£23,457[/STRIKE]£15,562 :eek::eek:
    Debt free by 2017! :T:T:T
  • The_Boss
    The_Boss Posts: 5,890
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I think the link is broken, it takes me to error page.

    Thanks - fixed now.
  • MoneyMate
    MoneyMate Posts: 3,240
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    We have two separate threads for this one ?
    There are more questions than answers :shhh: :silenced:
    WARNING ! May go silent for unfriendly replies
    Please excuse me Spell it MOST times :o
    :)
    :A UK Resident :A
  • The_Boss
    The_Boss Posts: 5,890
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 2 April 2014 at 10:39PM
    MoneyMate wrote: »
    We have two separate threads for this one ?

    I didn't see one on the first few pages of this board and being on the first page provides the most impact.
  • The_Boss
    The_Boss Posts: 5,890
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    *Bumpty bump* - can't have this being the least thanked thread ever in this forum either ;)
  • FireWyrm
    FireWyrm Posts: 6,557
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Only if you are not an existing customer already!!!!
    Debt Free! Long road, but we did it
    Meet my best friend : YNAB (you need a budget)
    My other best friend is a filofax.
    Do or do not, there is no try....Yoda.

    [/COLOR]
  • The_Boss
    The_Boss Posts: 5,890
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    FireWyrm wrote: »
    Only if you are not an existing customer already!!!!

    Yeah, this is the thing - if you are paying for the existing monthly subscription (which to be honest is not really needed) then it doesnt' help.

    But if you are a former customer you can use it. I've tried using Experian one month trials in recent years and have not been able to because I used to have the online subscription with them donkeys years ago. So full marks to Equifax for at least having it available to all.
  • Toomuchdebt
    Toomuchdebt Posts: 2,134
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 3 April 2014 at 2:15PM
    It won't let me use it-I had the free trial several years ago-about 6 years-it won't let me use the code and it won't let me register again as it says I am already a customer.]

    Edited to say I rang and he processed it for me manually.
    Debts Jan 2014 £20,108.34 :eek:

    EF #70 £0/£1000

    SW 1st 4lbs
  • The_Boss
    The_Boss Posts: 5,890
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    It won't let me use it-I had the free trial several years ago-about 6 years-it won't let me use the code and it won't let me register again as it says I am already a customer.

    Interesting - I've had free trials before and I was fine.
  • FireWyrm
    FireWyrm Posts: 6,557
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    The_Boss wrote: »
    Yeah, this is the thing - if you are paying for the existing monthly subscription (which to be honest is not really needed) then it doesnt' help.

    This isnt what I meant.
    Originally Posted by Toomuchdebt viewpost.gif
    It won't let me use it-I had the free trial several years ago-about 6 years-it won't let me use the code and it won't let me register again as it says I am already a customer.
    ^^^ this.

    The unmentionable people wont let you use the code if you have previously had a trial.
    Debt Free! Long road, but we did it
    Meet my best friend : YNAB (you need a budget)
    My other best friend is a filofax.
    Do or do not, there is no try....Yoda.

    [/COLOR]
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.