Site Maintenance

Options
I noticed that the site was down from around 11pm yesterday. Not sure how long it was down for, but I kept trying for 30 minutes and it was still down.

Any chance that this can be scheduled to run like most other sites in the early hours of the morning?

It's the second time in as many weeks that it has effected me. It's no good for end date compers who are trying to enter comps before midnight.

Comments

• jaibaby
    jaibaby Posts: 4,001 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I forgot all about it until 11.10pm and I comp by end date :o

It was still down at 1.30am when I checked and I gave up after that!
    Thanks to all posters :A
  • torbrex
    torbrex Posts: 71,340 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Options
    There were warnings about the shutdown for the best part of a week beforehand on every forum board and at the top of search pages so not exactly easy to miss.

They were expecting the shutdown to last 7 hours so I would have been in the 'early hours'
    The fact that the bods got it done quicker should be applauded rather than stabbed for doing it at a time that inconvenienced the few members that did not heed the warning signs.
  • Boom_Boom
    Boom_Boom Posts: 135 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    torbrex wrote: »
    There were warnings about the shutdown for the best part of a week beforehand on every forum board and at the top of search pages so not exactly easy to miss.

They were expecting the shutdown to last 7 hours so I would have been in the 'early hours'
    The fact that the bods got it done quicker should be applauded rather than stabbed for doing it at a time that inconvenienced the few members that did not heed the warning signs.

I am afraid I do not get time to look at any other boards. What little time is spent on the active comp board

My time is short and I am always chasing the end date right up until midnight every night.

I am simply pointing out that it would have been better to commence after midnight.

Even if I had 'heeded the warning signs' there is nothing I could have done about it..
  • Daza
    Daza Posts: 3,936 Forumite
    Options
    There was a HUGE red banner at the top of the comping board for over a week saying the forums would be down from 11pm !!

No idea why anyone comps by end date on the actual end date as many comps end before midnight anyway ............ and you miss all the "enter once" daily prizes
  • LizB62
    LizB62 Posts: 4,759 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm sure they look at how many people are on the site at the various times of the day/night, and schedule it so it impacts the fewest people, so I think you were just unlucky

The warning about the downtime was definitely showing on the Comps board
    Best win ever: Trip to the Galapagos Islands in 2010
  • Boom_Boom
    edited 1 April 2014 at 11:19PM
    Options
    Daza wrote: »
    There was a HUGE red banner at the top of the comping board for over a week saying the forums would be down from 11pm !!

No idea why anyone comps by end date on the actual end date as many comps end before midnight anyway ............ and you miss all the "enter once" daily prizes

I am not disputing that there was a banner. I didn't notice it as I wasn't looking for it. Banner or not it made no difference to me. It's the scheduled time that made a difference.

I do not do daily comps.

I comp to end date then after midnight quickly scroll through and enter anything that is ending in the day on the following day while I am at work and then straight to bed as have to up early for work.
  • fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,842 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    it actually went off at around 11.02 & resumed @
    2.12 which was great going :T

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=65128254&postcount=1
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• Boom_Boom
    Options
    LizB62 wrote: »
    I'm sure they look at how many people are on the site at the various times of the day/night, and schedule it so it impacts the fewest people, so I think you were just unlucky

The warning about the downtime was definitely showing on the Comps board

Well, it obviously would only effect a small section of people who use the comps section and are trying to enter prior to deadline.

I am sure I am not the only one who this effected, but making my feelings known that it would be better starting an hour later after 12pm cut off point, if possible of course. :cool2:
  • Boom_Boom
    Options
    fire**fly wrote: »
    it actually went off at around 11.02 & resumed @
    2.12 which was great going :T

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=65128254&postcount=1

Thanks for that.

12:02 & 3:12 would have been better going. :D
  • fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,842 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Boom_Boom wrote: »
    Well, it obviously would only effect a small section of people who use the comps section and are trying to enter prior to deadline.

I am sure I am not the only one who this effected, but making my feelings known that it would be better starting an hour later after 12pm cut off point, if possible of course. :cool2:

hi boom boom :)
    am thinking it would be maybe to your advantage to let your feelings/concerns known if you posted your posting in the site feedback
    Site Feedback

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50

where the team would see it quicker & hopefully answer you why the reasons are they do what they do at certain times x
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure