IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.

POPLA Appeal help please - Athena ANPR (Lidl car park)

Replies

• ShepssShepss Forumite
    42 Posts
    p.s I see I can do an appeal to POPLA online. I've not yet done it but presume the process starts off after logging in the verification code. So that gives me more time I guess. Shepss
  • ColliesCarerColliesCarer Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Shepss,

Yes you can submit your POPLA on-line. What's your deadline?

When submitting on-line
    Tick the 3 reasons - EXCEPT the car stolen one.
    The text box has a character limit which your appeal is likely to exceed but you can attach your appeal as a file - word doc, pdf file etc
    - so suggest you enter the first part of your appeal in the text box - say down to the end of the initial list of appeal points and then put something like "The main body of my appeal has been attached as filename xxxxxxxxxx

You will then need to go to the submit evidence option to attach your file

Make sure your POPLA verification code is on each page of your document and that pages are numbered (I would use the "Page 1 of x" type of format )
  • ShepssShepss Forumite
    42 Posts
    I reckon it's 22/4 , although as I said , they issued the code a day early. I'll leave this on here in case CM gets back and has any more comments and probably do it online tomorrow then. At least I'll know they've got it that way. I'll keep everyone informed regarding progress of the appeal.
    1.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    For anyone wanting to give Shepss feedback on the POPLA appeal draft in post #31

The points on this being a disguised breach of contract dressed up as contractual term model are to address the wording on the sign linked below

http://oi62.tinypic.com/f28z2s.jpg
  • da_ruleda_rule Forumite
    3.6K Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭

Is there a way to pay for the 'parking' on site (i.e. a pay and display machine). If not then might it also be possible that the company have also failed to mitigate their loss by providing a way to pay the 'fee' without resorting to PCN's?
  • edited 15 April 2014 at 5:22PM
    ColliesCarerColliesCarer Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    edited 15 April 2014 at 5:22PM
    da_rule wrote: »
    Is there a way to pay for the 'parking' on site (i.e. a pay and display machine). If not then might it also be possible that the company have also failed to mitigate their loss by providing a way to pay the 'fee' without resorting to PCN's?

Good point - no, there's no ability to pay - Athena just issue PCN's for any overstay beyond the initial free 60 minutes

Edit: Apologies - should have added that the point that Athena don't provide a means to pay has been made in the appeal but it could perhaps be strengthened with the point you've raised.
  • ShepssShepss Forumite
    42 Posts
    Thanks all again . I intend submitting the appeal online this evening or tomorrow Thursday a.m so if C-M isn't around to cast an eye on it and their are no more points raised ( bearing in mind da_rule's kind comment I'll go as is and keep everyone informed on developments.
  • ShepssShepss Forumite
    42 Posts
    I've submitted it online now. I guess there is still time to add further substance to the appeal in respect of additional evidence if C-M or anyone else comes up with anything new. I'm raring to get these characters off my back as I'm a bit down , the old hip ops having been delayed due to my ill health and need something positive to think about for a change! Not going to give in though.
    1.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear you're poorly and have had disappointing news about the timing of the Op. These guys really aren't worth wasting anymore of your time and energy on right now.

It'll probably be at least 6 weeks before the appeal is heard so try to forget about it for now and focus on getting well and enjoying time with the family over Easter.

But, yes you can submit additional evidence any time up to the appeal date. When/if you get their evidence pack sent to you - you can also bring certain points to the assessors attention - so it's worth going through it. Probably won't come through until sometime the week before the appeal is heard - maybe only a few days.

All the best
    CC
  • ShepssShepss Forumite
    42 Posts
    Just had an email , my appeal ( sounds grand doesn't it ! ) will be heard on or around 22nd May. Something exciting to look forward to for a change!!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Stoozing, sublets & summer sips

This week's MSE Forum highlights

MSE News

Martin Lewis quizzes Rishi Sunak

Watch the cost of living support Q&A here

Join the MSE Forum discussion

48 craft beers for £50 delivered

One-off bundle for newbies. Excludes Northern Ireland

MSE Deals