are pc games more than console?

*more expensive

I know this is one example i have provided but have looked around a few stores different games etc and there always seems to be more expensive for PC is this the general trend ..

Unneeded example :p

achxG.jpg

Comments

• Nada666
    Nada666 Posts: 5,004 Forumite
    I don't think you can have looked at that many games. You have to actually go out of your way to find games that are more expensive for PC.

(You also have to take into account release time - console versions granted a window may be cheaper by the time PC version is released.)
  • Nada666
    Nada666 Posts: 5,004 Forumite
    (If you Edit -> Go Advanced you should be able to change the thread's title.)
  • wapow
    wapow Posts: 939 Forumite
    4Ask yourself this question, do you need the disc? Or are you happy withn online account that holds your games and you can download?

If you do not need discs, then the games are slightly cheaper.
    . People usually buy the cd keys from legitimate online retailers and then you get to redeem these keys on either origin or steam or ubisoft.
  • PenguinJim
    PenguinJim Posts: 844 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Tomb Raider best prices since release:

£10 360/PS3
    £25 One/PS4
    £3 PC
    Q: What kind of discussions aren't allowed?
    A: It goes without saying that this site's about MoneySaving.

Q: Why are some Board Guides sometimes unpleasant?
    A: We very much hope this isn't the case. But if it is, please make sure you report this, as you would any other forum user's posts, to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
  • ITonyI
    ITonyI Posts: 80 Forumite
    Digital PC sales tend to be packed with killer deals, especially when compared to console equivalents. Steam is particularly good for this, when they often have year old AAA titles with up to 75 - 80% off.

Then there's also things like the Humble Bundle, that allow you to pay what you want for a bundle pack of five or so cracking games.
  • El_Torro
    El_Torro Posts: 1,463 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Ever since I discovered Steam I haven't bought games from anywhere else. I also only buy games that are at least 50% off, preferably 75%.
  • JasX
    JasX Posts: 3,996 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ITonyI wrote: »
    Steam is particularly good for this, when they often have year old AAA titles with up to 75 - 80% off.

A year? I've seen AAAs going for 50-60% off within 4-8months.... granted it's often only a flash 24-48hr sale but if you keep half an eye out (which you will do if you're using steam regularly to play games) PC gaming is a lot cheaper

(Plus you keep them all in an online account so never need to worry about lost/scratched disks and if you get stuck somewhere with even a low powered laptop and net connection you can download one of the cheaper / nde / undemanding games you got in a humble bundle / elsewhere and never got round to playing and can pick it straight up
  • topcat007
    topcat007 Posts: 246 Forumite
    thanks for all the great info !

i usually prefer disc as my internet connection is not too good . can you do partial downloads on steam set it going , pause turn off pc and come back to downloading it another day?
  • D&DD
    D&DD Posts: 4,405 Forumite
    My lot usually use Steam now,they also get frequent humble bundles.If you keep an eye out on hotukdeals.com they have some good deals listed on there.Theres a dedicated section for gaming.

If you like a disc I use findgames to get the best deals.

ETA just asked my son and he says yes it'll pick up the download from where the connection dropped on steam
  • ITonyI
    ITonyI Posts: 80 Forumite
    topcat007 wrote: »
    thanks for all the great info !

i usually prefer disc as my internet connection is not too good . can you do partial downloads on steam set it going , pause turn off pc and come back to downloading it another day?

Yup :) It's all handled via the Steam client and downloads in the background. Even if you choose to play another game, Steam will pause the download, then resume it again as soon as you stop. It's made PC gaming so much more convenient in the last 10 years or so.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure