Advent-ures in the MSE Forum... Our Advent calendar is live, helping you discover a new corner of the community each day. Visit the homepage and scroll down

Very random question

A very random question that just came into my mind - if you use the water that you boiled veg in to water your veg plants with, will it be good/bad/indifferent?! I almost feel stupid for asking!!

Replies

• peter_the_piperpeter_the_piper Forumite
    30.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Get a steamer and you won't have to worry.:rotfl:
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • wellusedwellused Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    Not if you salt the veg.
  • DaftyDuckDaftyDuck Forumite
    4.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    If you don't salt the veg, it's excellent... mind you, it does need to cool first! :p

Last house I had, I plumbed in a double kitchen sink, so the two halves were draining individually. RHS went drainwards for all the washing up water, muck & yuck. LHS went straight out to a waterbutt. Veg peeling water, boiled veg water, coffee and tea, that all went thataway, and the garden looked great!
  • Delta_1984Delta_1984 Forumite
    139 Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    DaftyDuck, that is genius - unless you ever get it wrong. I never salt veg so I'll try it out!
  • DaftyDuckDaftyDuck Forumite
    4.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Delta_1984 wrote: »
    DaftyDuck, that is genius - unless you ever get it wrong. I never salt veg so I'll try it out!

But I never get anything rwong!
    ;)
  • DavesnaveDavesnave Forumite
    34.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    It's nothing short of criminal, feeding the boiled remains of plants to other plants. Whatever next? Animal droppings? :(

Like Prince Charles, I speak to my plants, and they tell me they'd much rather have a nice inert pile of Growmore any day of the week than the cooked remains of Aunt Cabbage or Uncle Carrot. :p

I'm stopping short of Godwin's Law, but what you are all suggesting here isn't far off what that fiend, Bob Flowerdew, has been doing behind those old tyres and redundant freezers all these years. It makes me ill to think of it! :eek::eek::eek:

Vegetable rights and Peace! :D
  • testertrevtestertrev Forumite
    84 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Surely you use it for the gravy? :j
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Cheapest Christmas dinner

We've crunched the numbers to find the best prices

MSE News

Advent Competitions