We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

The High Street Group - Self Administered Pension Scheme

Options
I was wondering if anyone has come across a scheme through The High Street Group where you release a pension that you no longer contribute too where you basically set up a company in your name (a small self administered scheme) and they contact your pension fund and if you go ahead the funds released can be spread across the following 3 investments;
High Street Boutique. (10% p.a. return)
Dolphin Capital Ltd. (13.8% p.a. return)
The Resort Group. (8% p.a. return)

In the example I have an estimated pension value of £130,000 and I am 51 years old.
By age 65 and investing across these 3 companies based on their current yield ranging from £360,000 to £740,000 depending on which company you put most money in.
I have a second meeting next week and while it all looks good and I have looked up High Street Group online I can't find details regarding this although I believe it is a new scheme just launched. Just have a nagging small doubt that it sounds too good to be true.

Anyone have anything to contribute ???

Comments

• greenglide
    greenglide Posts: 3,301 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Hung up my suit!
    Options
    It has to be a scam!!
  • Drp8713
    Drp8713 Posts: 902 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 3 October 2014 at 9:40AM
    Options
    Please dont do it.

[TEXT DELETED BY THE FORUM TEAM] you will lose all your money.

One of the companies mentioned Dolphin has been discussed before

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4547063
  • Linton
    Linton Posts: 17,259 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Hung up my suit!
    Options
    Scooby667 wrote: »

........ Just have a nagging small doubt that it sounds too good to be true.

Are your doubts really just "nagging" and "small"?

No-one can honestly offer a safe >8% return. Why would they when they could have people queuing to invest at a safe 5%? Have they indicated that you may lose some or all of your investment?

I cant find any reference to them or the High Street Group on the Financial Services Register which would suggest that they are not registered. The Financial Conduct Authority website says:

"We strongly advise you to only deal with financial services firms that are authorised by us or registered, and check the Register to ensure they are."
  • kidmugsy
    kidmugsy Posts: 12,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think we're having our legs pulled, chaps. The clue is in the name.
    Free the dunston one next time too.
  • Freecall
    Freecall Posts: 1,306 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    kidmugsy wrote: »
    I think we're having our legs pulled, chaps. The clue is in the name.

Pulled, more like amputated.
    :rotfl::rotfl:
  • Scooby667
    Options
    Thanks for the replies.

Just for info there is a website for High Street Group (based in Newcastle)
    Also found UK website for High Street Boutique Finance.
  • Triumph13
    Triumph13 Posts: 1,751 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Your exam question for today:

A company has a safe business opportunity it needs to finance. Rather than just borrow the money from a bank, it spends a huge amount of effort and money trying to attract retail investors so that it can pay them much more interest than it would have to pay the bank. Are the company's directors:

A: Philanthropists
    B: Really bad at maths
    C: Stupid
    D: Lying about the risk
    E: Crooks

Write your answer on the back of a signed and dated blank check and send it to me care of MSE.
  • gadgetmind
    gadgetmind Posts: 11,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I guess this goes to show that pensions aren't fool proof, merely fool resistant.
    I am not a financial adviser and neither do I play one on television. I might occasionally give bad advice but at least it's free.

Like all religions, the Faith of the Invisible Pink Unicorns is based upon both logic and faith. We have faith that they are pink; we logically know that they are invisible because we can't see them.
  • flearida
    flearida Posts: 21 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    seems this high street group are cold calling people,i just got a phone call ,from them,less than 20 mins ago,i dont think,ill take it any further.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,830 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    All you need to remember is that if you get a cold call on pensions, then it is almost certainly dodgy. Reputable firms do not cold call on pensions.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport