New Post Advanced Search

India

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning
6 replies 1.2K views
glitch_101glitch_101 Forumite
122 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning
Hello. I'm going to India this summer. I want to go to Dehli, Mumbai, Agra and Jaipur. I would really appreciate some advice on where to stay and which airlines people recommend.

Replies

• bristol_pilotbristol_pilot Forumite
    2.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    When visiting the Taj, I recommend that you stay in Agra itself rather than take a day trip from Delhi - then you can go early in the morning before the tourist crowds get there. (Then go back in the evening as well, when there is a completely different atmosphere).

I went with Gulf Air to Delhi - they are a good quality full service airline and reasonably priced. Certainly I would travel with them again.
  • bristol_pilotbristol_pilot Forumite
    2.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    PS if you possibly can add Varanasi to your trip I recommend that you do.
  • VampgirlVampgirl Forumite
    606 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    ✭✭
    According to hubby the Grand Hotel in Delhi is lovely but the Bristol Hotel is awful and best avoided at all costs unless desperate!
  • I'm going with work to Noida for 8 weeks at the end of the month!!

any info appreciated????
  • damo101damo101 Forumite
    266 posts
    Hi,

instead of starting a new thread i thought i'd resurrect this one.

planning on going to india for 2.5 weeks in mid november to do the golden triangle. Anyone have any suggestions on what to see and do? it looks like the golden triangle won't take the whole 2.5 weeks.

also, any recommendations for cheap flights?

Cheers,
    Damo
  • damo101damo101 Forumite
    266 posts
    a shameful but optomistic bump - any suggestions/advice anyone?

Tnx

Damo
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support