Bt/True telecom both charging for services?:(

yan1
yan1 Posts: 55 Forumite
Hi, we transferred our landline and calls from BT to True Telecom in December 13 (deep regrets re this but not the main issue right now).
Broadband was due to remain with BT due to being in a contract for this.
It has transpired that in fact we are still being charged by BT for all of our services as before and also being charged by True Telecom for the same things (apart from the broadband).
After many phone calls back and forth True Telecom are stating they have the line with them and gave me a ref number from the open reach transfer. Bt state nothing has changed and say the bills on my account would not exist if the line wasn't still with them. They (bt) emailed me to confirm this in writing.

Bt suggested calling Ofcom which I will do. Any other ideas or experience of this?

Comments

• Ypaymore
    Ypaymore Posts: 2,802 Forumite
    edited 8 May 2014 at 10:28AM
    Aha dear old True Telecom [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM]

BT do not offer Broadband Only if you cease your phone line you have to move your broadband service.So if they are still supplying broadband your phone line would normally be with them.
  • redux
    redux Posts: 22,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Wow, I hadn't noticed that discussion before
  • yan1
    edited 8 May 2014 at 10:29AM
    Ypaymore wrote: »
    Aha dear old True Telecom [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM]

BT do not offer Broadband Only if you cease your phone line you have to move your broadband service.So if they are still supplying broadband your phone line would normally be with them.

Thanks for that. I'll contact ofcom and see how I get on.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Ofcom will not handle your complaint until you have gone through the supplier's own complaints procedure first, which requires you to write a letter headed 'complaint-and then wait 8 weeks. If still not resolved you can then involve the regulator.
    Forget phoning, messaging or emailing them.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • yan1
    Called Ofcom for advice (not to complain) and they were really helpful. Suggested that I look a little deeper at the itemised bills from both companies and see if calls are being charged for by both. They are! Bt have looked into the alleged transfer of the line and say it was unsuccessful on trues part otherwise my account would not still be active. Left a message with true telecom so will wait to speak with them tomorrow. I wonder if this balls up would invalidate my contract with true telecom to the point where I can leave?
    P.s I'm not trying to get something for nothing or pull a fast one here, I just don't want to be paying twice for the same thing! Fair enough right?;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure