Paying for BR.PLEASE HELP!

Options
hi
Havent posted for a while as have head firmly buried in sand but have finally got it out and have filled in the BR paperwork!!Horray!!!!!

My next problem is paying for the thing! My husband and I are not working, he is claiming job seekers allowance and I am a stay at home mum. Our business failed and that is why we are having to go BR. Unfortuately that means we are having to file seperate BR. I have read the forms and we should hopefully be OK to not pay the filing fee of £150 each but I cant see a way out of us having to pay the £650 petition deposit for us both.
:eek:
We are stretched beyond belief...no overdraft, credit cards or saving and certainly dont have a spare £650 lying around. Please does anyone have any advice?

I'm desperate and at my wits end with this whole business!

many thanks
Nic

Comments

• betterlatethannever
    Options
    Hi Nic, i'm in the same situation and if you check here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=491363 you might find some help.
    The first time we said hello, was the first time we said goodbye. As the angels took your tiny hand and flew you to the sky-you forever left us breathless. RIP my beautiful granddaughter :(
  • betterlatethannever
    Options
    dam you bet me too it betterlatethannever carefull or you will have to change your name:rotfl:
    Good one Bat, maybe 'occasionally-on-time-sometimes-quick-but-often-slow-or-late' would be better, or is that a bit of a mouthful:p
    The first time we said hello, was the first time we said goodbye. As the angels took your tiny hand and flew you to the sky-you forever left us breathless. RIP my beautiful granddaughter :(
  • Richard_S
    Richard_S Posts: 4,432 Forumite
    Options
    betterlatethanneverlaterthanbat :confused:
  • betterlatethannever
    Options
    Richard_S wrote: »
    betterlatethanneverlaterthanbat :confused:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :T
  • Richard_S
    Richard_S Posts: 4,432 Forumite
    Options
    nic13 wrote: »
    hi
    Havent posted for a while as have head firmly buried in sand but have finally got it out and have filled in the BR paperwork!!Horray!!!!!

My next problem is paying for the thing! My husband and I are not working, he is claiming job seekers allowance and I am a stay at home mum. Our business failed and that is why we are having to go BR. Unfortuately that means we are having to file seperate BR. I have read the forms and we should hopefully be OK to not pay the filing fee of £150 each but I cant see a way out of us having to pay the £650 petition deposit for us both.
    :eek:
    We are stretched beyond belief...no overdraft, credit cards or saving and certainly dont have a spare £650 lying around. Please does anyone have any advice?

I'm desperate and at my wits end with this whole business!

many thanks
    Nic

Nic,

Is there anything that you're currently paying that you can stop paying; obviously loans and credit cards, are you paying anything as a result of having your own business? Taxes, leases, suppliers, business rates.

At this point you should only really be paying essential living expenses, and apologies if you're already doing just that. Do you have an understanding friend or relative?

I'm grasping at straws as you can probably tell but it just might prompt you to think about something.

Regards

Richard
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family