Finding the Br fee

Options
Like many others i'm really struggling to find the Br fee.
I was told by National Debtline about charities or water companies that can help.
Can anyone tell me if they have tried and been successful in applying please?
The first time we said hello, was the first time we said goodbye. As the angels took your tiny hand and flew you to the sky-you forever left us breathless. RIP my beautiful granddaughter :(

Comments

• tight_jock
    tight_jock Posts: 1,902 Forumite
    Options
    Not sure about the charities stuff but there is a big book in every library called the Directory of Grant Making Trusts. Don`t know if you`ll find anything in there but worth a look.

It is also acceptable to draw the cash off one of your cards to pay the fees .

:beer:
    TJ
  • philnicandamy
    philnicandamy Posts: 15,685 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I must admit I did try a couple of the charities listed that I was sent from cccs & didn't have any luck, in the end I took cash from my bank account (went into overdraft)...but of late an article I read can't remember where I saw otherwise i'd link said that due to the increase in BR claims some of the charities were refusing to grant payments.
    We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will
  • tight_jock
    tight_jock Posts: 1,902 Forumite
    Options
    I must admit I did try a couple of the charities listed that I was sent from cccs & didn't have any luck, in the end I took cash from my bank account (went into overdraft)...but of late an article I read can't remember where I saw otherwise i'd link said that due to the increase in BR claims some of the charities were refusing to grant payments.

I seem to remember seeing/hearing this too
  • philnicandamy
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    did you have this?

http://www.edfenergytrust.org.uk/documents/UtilityTrustsandSchemesforVulnerableCustomersDec06.pdf

I found this a little more up to date than the list CCCS sent me
    We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    I'm pretty sure philnicandamy had the fees paid by one of the trusts. But I was mistaken.:D

In the meantime:
    There are several Trusts that can help you with the fees for bankruptcy in exceptional cases. However, applications will normally only be considered if they are completed with the help of a money advisor experienced in bankruptcy.

Some examples of these Trusts are below, but an exhaustive list can be found here.

http://www.edfenergytrust.org.uk/documents/UtilityTrustsandSchemesforVulnerableCustomersDec06.pdf

new-sttf-logo.jpg

britishgas.gif

edfetlogo.gif
    EDIT: Cheers Phil.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • philnicandamy
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I applied to various but didnt receive any fees fermi..in the end I took money from my old bank account's overdraft
  • betterlatethannever
    Options
    Thanks guys.
    I haven't got any CC's that work anymore and my OD is up to its limit so will have to have a go at applying to the water board and see what they say. Will also try the library and check that book out, thanks TJ
    The first time we said hello, was the first time we said goodbye. As the angels took your tiny hand and flew you to the sky-you forever left us breathless. RIP my beautiful granddaughter :(
  • debtmonkey1
    debtmonkey1 Posts: 51 Forumite
    Options
    HI!

British Gas ENERGY TRUST-PAID THE £335 COURT FEE-filled in the form & sent masses of evidence (including CAB letter that confirmed BR had been discussed) that showed my essential outgoings exceeded income. Also-if say you have a BR date booked in in say, 3 weeks-you can apply IN ADVANCE for the court fees to be exempted.

So BR cost me zero-I was very very lucky!
  • jammy123
    jammy123 Posts: 358 Forumite
    Options
    We got ours paid by anglian water.
    We asked British Gas as well but never heard anything back.
  • betterlatethannever
    Options
    tight_jock wrote: »
    Not sure about the charities stuff but there is a big book in every library called the Directory of Grant Making Trusts. Don`t know if you`ll find anything in there but worth a look.

It is also acceptable to draw the cash off one of your cards to pay the fees .

:beer:
    TJ
    Just tried my library and they hadn't a clue what i was on about, but did promise to try and find out and call me, so thanks TJ:o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure