Asda £1 delivery

Options
bondy01
bondy01 Posts: 400 Forumite
When did this start for a 2 hour slot? After 2pm tues - thurs it is £2 (just had a delivery) and after 4pm same days it is £1. Both used to be £3 , it cost me more than that in petrol to go!

Comments

• alanq
    alanq Posts: 4,216 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    First I've heard of it. They did have an offer available whereby one paid £15 for free deliveries any time for 93 days. That had (still has for those who signed up as I did) a minimum spend of £40. Normal price of a delivery pass is £8 for 31 days.

I suppose one way to compete with Aldi / Lidl is to offer this service cheaply.
  • bondy01
    bondy01 Posts: 400 Forumite
    edited 20 March 2014 at 8:12PM
    Options
    I think it is very recent. When I booked the slot yesterday I was surprised to see these prices. I logged in today and there was a popup that mentioned the times and days that I posted. The delivery man when questioned thought it was to do with competition also.

edit: forgot to say they also send an email now saying which of the two hours it will arrive but this has been going on for a few months.
  • lovingtescoforever
    Options
    Never done a Asda order but did one yesterday when I saw this on HUKDs.
    £1 for £25 worth of shopping delivered is amazing!
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,910 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I may have to move to Internet shopping - £1 a delivery saves me on fuel...
    Thank you OP!
  • hilstep2000
    hilstep2000 Posts: 3,089 Forumite
    Options
    It's not worth all the hassle to have to pick it, pack it, hump it home and put it away when you can get it done for you for £1! I've been using Tesco at £3, will have to check this out. I don't drive any longer, and a cab cost £5!
    I Believe in saving money!!!:T
    A Bargain is only a bargain if you need it!

• welshee
    welshee Posts: 364 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Its been running for 10 days now..I have the £15 for 3 months deal which does me as i need weekend deliveries...but at £1 and £25 shop you cannot get better value.
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    COOLTRIKERCHICK Posts: 10,510 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I literly live at the end of an asda car park, and have a Tesco about 1 mile away... but to stay in budget I have been going through my supermarket to see where would be the cheapest place to do an on-line shop.. at the moment Tesco is coming out a few £££ cheaper than Asda, hope Tesco follow suit and drop their delivery charge to a £1 too...lol
    Work to live= not live to work
  • loobylaa
    loobylaa Posts: 40 Forumite
    Options
    There is a few £1 slots on tesco too mainly mon-thurs mid afternoon but there was one for tonight too
  • alanq
    alanq Posts: 4,216 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 24 March 2014 at 2:19AM
    Options
    ...to stay in budget I have been going through my supermarket to see where would be the cheapest place to do an on-line shop.. at the moment Tesco is coming out a few £££ cheaper than Asda,...

It may be possible to save money by comparing the prices of individual items at more than one supermarket and buying each item from the store at which it is cheapest. However, if the total order is to go to one supermarket don't forget the ASDA Price Guarantee. "If we’re not 10% cheaper on your comparable grocery shopping versus Tesco, Morrisons, Sainsbury’s or Waitrose we’ll give you the difference." If ordering online this refund takes the form of eVouchers to spend on your next online order.
  • skintmum2012
    Options
    I always use tesco and get my order delivered for a pound. It is mainly between 10 and 11 at night but that works for me as the kids are in bed and I don't get helped to put it away.
    February GC £261.97/24 NSDS 10/12
    march 300/290 NSD 12/6
    ARPIL 300/ 238.23 NSD'S 10/3

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills