ERUDIO student loans help

Options

Comments

• zombi
    zombi Posts: 46 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    GirlGeek wrote: »
    I had exactly the same thing happen a few years ago. I also got a deferment pack from SLC yesterday that only mentioned Thesis and not Erudio. I phoned SLC straight away, not wanting to get in to it with Erudio! The first person I spoke to was no help at all and said to call Erudio. I called the number on a previous SLC letter that is listed as Erudio help. Once they guy had confirmed who I was he said that I could send back the latest deferment as usual and add in the numbers of the Erudio loans.
    He said that Erudio are meant to request that SLC send out a deferment pack on their behalf (but obviously haven't), SLC then send it out to us and inform Erudio of the result, as they have previously.
    I will be sending my pack back on Monday with the added loan numbers from Erudio and keeping my fingers crossed that the guy at SLC is correct in what he's told me to do. He said that nothing has changed if you have loans held by more than one company, SLC are still administering them.
    Hope this helps a bit.
    Kellie

I emailed SLC and they were quite helpful. They said that their new deferment form system had experienced an issue whereby they're not printing out with all account numbers for multiple loan holders.... The SLC rep that responded said he'd deferred me for this year and will send on to Erudio asap. Hopefully that will keep Erudio quiet for another year *fingers crossed*
    meh...
  • lemonverbena
    Options
    My SLC deferment letter has no loan account numbers or loan administrators written on them - looks like I'll have to write them all on manually - and mine are with Erudio and Honours and I don't trust either company to not take a chunk out of my bank account if I miss them off
  • ian360
    ian360 Posts: 68 Forumite
    Options
    Hey guys, did everything go through okay with the SLC issue and the new deferment form?

I also received my deferment paperwork with only the Thesis loans account numbers on there and nothing about the Erudio ones. Usually all 4 loans account numbers are on there. So I have just written the Erudio loan account numbers on the top of the new deferment form and written a covering letter to explain what I have done.

Do you think this will be enough? Or do I need to chase something else up to resolve this?
  • tinkerbell99
    tinkerbell99 Posts: 3 Newbie
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 11 March 2018 at 1:47PM
    Options
    Posted as a new thread also to Debt-Free Wannabe

Erudio - Not sending out paper deferral forms???

I have a mortgage style student loan first taken out in 1997.

This was sold to Erudio a few years back. I have deferred every year since 2001 and looked forward to Sept 2025 when the loan would be cancelled as per student loan t&c and The Education (Student Loan) Regulations 1998, Schedule 2, Point 12 (b)(i).

www(dot)legislation(dot)gov(dot)uk/uksi/1998/211/made

There website states they will send out physical paperwork within 8 weeks of the deferrment period ending. This was not done last year (supposedly due to an printing issue I was told).

This year I have recieved a letter 5 weeks before defferment stating there is the internet portal and if I do not use it paperwork will be sent within 30 days of end of deferment (which is end of tax year).

This has still not happened. I do not wish to use the portal as I am concerned I may give up some of my rights in terms of a change in conditions. I will be phoning them tommorow to request paper copies however suspect this is a deliberate action.

Anyone else waiting for their paper deferral forms???

Tinkerbell
  • Chadsman
    Chadsman Posts: 1,100 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have an electronic copy of the old Erudio paper form. If you pm me your email address I will email it to you.
    I might also have a hard copy of the new form if I can find it I will scan it and email that.
    God save the King!
    I'll save Winston Churchill, Jane Austen, J. M. W. Turner and Alan Turing.
  • Lungboy
    Lungboy Posts: 1,953 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Raise a formal complaint with Erudio.
  • Puppylover
    Options
    I graduated in 2000 and after that had to keep paying some off my student loan even though I have never earned the amount yet that . They were always sending me debt letters, so is there something I can do?
  • Lungboy
    Lungboy Posts: 1,953 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Puppylover wrote: »
    I graduated in 2000 and after that had to keep paying some off my student loan even though I have never earned the amount yet that . They were always sending me debt letters, so is there something I can do?

When did you start university?

e: i'm guessing 1997, so you're on the mortgage style loans. Who currently owns your loan, Erudio, Honour or Thesis?
  • munchies
    munchies Posts: 31 Forumite
    Options
    zombi wrote: »
    I emailed SLC and they were quite helpful. They said that their new deferment form system had experienced an issue whereby they're not printing out with all account numbers for multiple loan holders.... The SLC rep that responded said he'd deferred me for this year and will send on to Erudio asap. Hopefully that will keep Erudio quiet for another year *fingers crossed*

Hi zombi
    Could you tell me which email address you used to contact SLC as I am also having this problem. My loans are with HSL but are split into two parts and I've only received one deferral form. I've always had to complete two to get them all deferred in the past so would just rather keep doing this for a few more years if it makes it easier to get deferred! Many thanks
  • erudioed
    erudioed Posts: 682 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Recommend Dispatches from 12th March called "Who's Policing Your Bank" Its an undercover investigation at the Financial Ombudsman on how they treat bank complaints but highlights why compensation is so low when someone spends months of time and the accompanying stress caused by company bullsh*ttery. It also explains why many ridiculous decisions have been coming out from there for the last few years, especially for us with Erudio complaints.
    Basically, the staff arent trained, they are on a quote system and they just dont know about most of the 'products' they are suppose to be investigating. One FOS worker said it was easier to dismiss a complaint without doing any investigating (in essence siding with the bank) because it was 'easier' and helped hit targets. And thats not even mentioning the PwC restructuring...

Terrible as it is, and its still ongoing, i think the lesson is to keep complaining to the Ombudsman when you get an unsatisfactory response. And i guess that includes rejecting a judgment in your favour if it only offers you £200-£300...especially if your complaint (caused by Erudio alone) has cost you weeks, months and sometimes years of time and stress because that does have a price, which shouldnt be peanuts! And they know that.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback