ERUDIO student loans help

Options

Comments

• Bozzman
    Options
    fermi wrote: »
    Do you have any arrears built up on the loans?
    Hi. I have been granted a deferment every year since taking the loans in the mid-90's.

So, no arrears on the account as i have never had to pay.

Thanks
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    In that case they are talking absolute and complete nonsense.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • Jonez
    Jonez Posts: 117 Forumite
    edited 2 February 2015 at 4:54PM
    Options
    Do you have any of this in writing from them? If there are no arrears then Erudio have told you a blatant lie and are simply making this stuff up. This is surely a serious breach of contract and they are seeking to extract money from you by deception? I would be tempted to create as much of a stink about this as you possibly can - contact those people in the media who have shown an interest, your MP, the FSA etc.

Personally, I would never deal with this mob over the phone - all of my contact with them has been in writing and is carefully filed.
  • zombi
    zombi Posts: 46 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'm about to receive my first phonecall from the ombudsman adjudicator. Anyone have any idea of what I should expect?
    meh...
  • Brooker_Dave
    Brooker_Dave Posts: 5,196 Forumite
    Options
    So what happens if you get to the end of 25 years and there are arrears?

Can Eurdio just demand payment in full??
    "Love you Dave Brooker! x"

"i sent a letter headded sales of god act 1979"
  • Brooker_Dave
    Options
    zombi wrote: »
    I'm about to receive my first phonecall from the ombudsman adjudicator. Anyone have any idea of what I should expect?

No help and no real interest in dealing with the actual problem.

• Pluthero
    Pluthero Posts: 222 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    zombi wrote: »

Sympathy but zero real help!

But take your complaint are far as possible.

Dunno if you are complaining about the DAF but as long as you have supplied erudio with the same info you give the SLC in the past they can't touch you as you have met the agreed loan terms.

They will of course keep sending scary letters threatening all sorts. Keep these are part of your harassment complaints:-)
  • dizzybuff
    dizzybuff Posts: 1,512 Forumite
    Options
    Okay I send them all the evidence they need yet because my ctc is an amended letter it's nother enough. !!!!!! I'm so cheesed with this company. Advise from the minion on the phone. As your in dispute just cancel the dd. !!!!!! why did you set it up then.
    ONE HOUSE , DS+ DD Missymoo Living a day at a time and getting through this mess you have created.
    One day life will have no choice but to be nice to me :rotfl:
  • anna2007
    anna2007 Posts: 1,182 Forumite
    edited 2 February 2015 at 7:45PM
    Options
    So what happens if you get to the end of 25 years and there are arrears?

Can Eurdio just demand payment in full??
    My understanding of the Regs is that Erudio can demand payment in full immediately, at any time when there are arrears on the account, wording from the Regs:

"15. If the borrower does not make a repayment under the agreement when it is due, the lender may ask him to repay the loan in full immediately. The lender may do this even if the borrower’s obligation to make other repayments is currently deferred".

I'm surprised they haven't tried it already, even where the arrears have been invented by Erudio. Maybe there's something in the sale and purchase agreement preventing them from doing it until closer to the loan write off?
  • Brooker_Dave
    Options
    I assume going bull at a gate at people with arrears would make the BIS look bad so they'll hold off for a while?

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport