IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN Flow Chart

Options
13»

Comments

• katie27
    Options
    Please could you take a look at this letter before I send.

Basically I received a fine from a car park which only my office uses. I have a permit and it fell of my dash! I didn't send an appeal which was silly but have sent a letter in which I used the helpful info from you guys. I received a reply stating i am going to be taken to court.

I will be sending this back can you check to see if i will be making things worse or better!

Dear Sirs,

Thank you for your previous letter, I can assure you I have done a lot of research into this “Parking Fine” and can tell you my previous letter is one which I have personally written.

I am not appealing to this fine, I am simply refusing to pay this fine for the following reasons:

I work at the office to whom uses this car park.
    I have a permit which had blown off my dashboard.

This invoice is invalid please send me a breakdown of how I have cost your company over £100.

If you wish to proceed this further please take me to court.

Many Thanks
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Please don't hijack threads!

Also, go and read the Newbies Sticky carefully - This will help you get it right and avoid sending that rubbish!

katie27 wrote: »

Basically I received a fine from a car park which only my office uses. I have a permit and it fell of my dash! I didn't send an appeal which was silly but have sent a letter in which I used the helpful info from you guys. I received a reply stating i am going to be taken to court.

I will be sending this back can you check to see if i will be making things worse or better!

Dear Sirs,

Thank you for your previous letter, I can assure you I have done a lot of research into this “Parking Fine” and can tell you my previous letter is one which I have personally written.

I am not appealing to this fine, I am simply refusing to pay this fine for the following reasons:

I work at the office to whom uses this car park.
    I have a permit which had blown off my dashboard.

This invoice is invalid please send me a breakdown of how I have cost your company over £100.

If you wish to proceed this further please take me to court.

Many Thanks
  • Fight_the_good_fight
    Options
    And it's not a fine, I was wondering if we could fine people for using the F word :rotfl:
    I Am Charlie
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,164 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    katie27 wrote: »

Depends who that letter is from - if from a debt collector just ignore it. Read post #4 of the 'NEWBIES READ THESE FAQS FIRST' thread.

If it's a pre-court letter from a litigious PPC like ParkingEye or District Enforcement or UKCPS or someone like that, from the PPC themselves,then you are taking this far too lightly and need to read the other sticky thread in Crabman's collated stickies, the one called LBCCC Fightback. You need a MUCH more robust response to a Letter before County Court Claim, if it's not just a debt collector version.

To get to page one, just use the FORUM JUMP on the right (twice) right now. No-one is going to provide a link to the top threads in this forum but you need to hop to page one and start reading the top threads now. Don't reply here, please.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Fergie76
    Fergie76 Posts: 2,293 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    da_rule wrote: »
    Sorry for bumping this back up, but I've made some changes to the chart (covering IPC members etc)

PCNAppealroute_zps7f8e6941.jpg

Hope this is of help, if anyone has any suggestions/feedback then let me know.

Can I suggest that the last box, appeal successful - no, be changed to post in original thread, rather than start new thread, as it keep the context of the thread then?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure