'Thanks London, but I don't want to be Chancellor...' blog discussion

This is the discussion to link on the back of Martin's blog. Please read the blog first, as this discussion follows it.

Please click 'post reply' to discuss below.

Replies

• We have people in government, managing large amounts of money, who have never had a real job. I am sure you could do much better than he has done because you would have far more common sense than he does. You would be able to tell if you were being lied to by various departments because what they say would not make sense to someone who has half an ounce of brain. You would know to ask questions as you would understand finance. We need someone with a brain to think for themselves not some lackey with a fancy title doing what he is told.
  • Martin states that he is biased towards the consumer - why is that a bad thing?

Lincoln stated: "Government of the people, by the people, for the people..."

At least Martin as Chancellor would do largely what the people wanted.

If modelled on Osbourne and co, I doubt Lincoln would've come to much with "Government of the people, by the people, for the people... once we've ensured businesses and high earners have got first dibs."
    --- Warning: Grumpy Old Man in Training ---
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Water bills a struggle?

Find out what help's available

MSE News

Cyber Monday 2022

Avoid the hype - only spend if you were going to anyway

MSE Forum

£10-£50 London theatre tickets

40+ shows incl Disney's Frozen, The Lion King

MSE Tool