Options
13»

Comments

• 00ec25
    00ec25 Posts: 9,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Daniel_e wrote: »
    I have yesterday had dealt with this company trading under the name of digital direct my small family run electrical business was duped into a contract with these at my local estate agents two years ago .
    My business went into liquidation a few months ago and therefore the contract was ended due to non payment.
    Last night whilst I was working away from home bailiffs entered my home address and threatened my partner and children with removal of all goods from the house unless a sum of £5000 was paid which distressed my family especially as I was a director of a limited company so the goods at my home address should not have been considered. Despite numerous offers the bailiffs did not leave my home until I had paid the full sum which in protection for my vulnerable family I begged and borrowed to pay the sum requested. Please be very careful when dealing with this fraudulent company as they clearly know how to bend the laws of justice in there favour including threatening vulnerable women and children.
    I’m still looking into it but I’m unsure weather the bailiffs we’re actually who they said they were.
    sorry but you knew your position and should not have done what you did, you have no one to blame but yourself
    - bailiffs have no right of entry at all
    - the debt was of a liquidated Ltd company so they should have been told to go forth as the company no longer existed and nothing could possibly belong to it that could be seized
  • phill99
    phill99 Posts: 9,093 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The company hasn't threatened any body. The balifffs have used their legal powers to execute a warrant.

You would have received documentation from the court once the plaintiff submitted the appropriate forms to the County Court. Yiu would have been asked to put in a defence, which it appeared you didn't do. Therefore, by default a judgement was awarded against you.

I wonder if you also offrered a Directors Guarantee?
    Eat vegetables and fear no creditors, rather than eat duck and hide.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure