PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old style daily Wednesday 12 th March

Options
13»

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 12 March 2014 at 4:50PM
    Options
    If it floats its gone bad Mint1955. If it sinks but stands upright it needs using. A fresh egg will lie on its side.
  • donny-gal
    donny-gal Posts: 4,654 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi everyone, she says sneaking round the corner.
    Sorry to be MIA, have been reading in the main, but never found time to post.
    Had an email this morning from our next door but one neighbour in Spain to say the guy in the next house to them had died this morning. An Op had gone wrong, lost a lot of blood, was in ICU, but improving, then this morning has a blood clot on his lung. We were friends, not close ones, but had been out for a meal together only the week before we came home when he and his ladyfriend were out there. To be honest am a bit shell-shocked and struggling to take it in, it was not expected at all. His Op was to help straighten his spine to give him a better quality of life and not as much pain!!
    Anyway had already promised to take one of my very best friends, and Godmum to our son out for the day. We were going to the coast, but due to the fog/mist, set off later and headed towards Clumber Park & the Sherwood Forest visitors centre where the Major Oak is, and had a lovely lunch on her there. The sun did manage to get out a little towards the end of the day. We had a couple of walks which Skye thoroughly enjoyed. She is blind, not that you would really notice as she is really good company, and an ear if I ever need one, and fancied getting out and having some fresh air, which is something she does need a hand with, and we were happy to oblige.
    Will only need a snack tonight.
    ((hugs)), spoons, positive vibes all round. Take care everyone. DG
    Member #8 of the SKI-ers Club
    Why is it I have less time now I am retired then when I worked?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure